Saying Goodbye

Life seems so simple. It always does and always has. All the days in the pack seem to run on a loop in a way. I wake up and make enough food for an army, then the boys and Kim come to eat, then we all go about our day; wether we sit in my house, run errands, or one of them go on patrol. Then we are all at my house again where I had made another meal for an army. We one again disperse. Then meet at my house, again, for another army sized meal. We separate for the end of the day. Then it repeats. Like we're on a record that's on repeat.

I know I sound like I'm annoyed, but I'm not really. And if the boys knew I went to the Cullens twice a week instead of what I say I'm doing, then they would lose their shit. But I don't care, they are family. The boys will get over it eventually.

I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner with help from Kim. The boys are watching a football game in the living room with Lili.

Sam came into the kitchen holding my ringing phone. I dry off my hands and grab it. I walk out of the small kitchen and sit at the dining room table. "Hello" I asked. "Ash, there is something I need to tell you" Carlisle's voice rang through the phone. "Ok" I said looking to Sam who shrugged. "We're leaving" he said. "I'm sorry what" I asked quietly. "We're leaving baby, I'm sorry" he said. "Can I come say bye in person, you at least owe me that much after the past few years" I said with tears in my eyes. "Of course" he said. He sounded like if it were possible that he would cry. "Ok I'll be there in a minute" I said then hung up.

"No" Sam said. "Sam they are leaving, I'm saying bye" I said as I went to go around him. "No" he said again while grabbing my arm. "I can't let you go" he continued. "If they leave and I don't get to say goodbye and it's because of you, how do you think I'll feel" I asked him looking him in the eyes. "Fine, but be careful" he said and I nodded.

I ran to the Cullens. I ran the fastest I ever had. The moment I got there ever one stopped. They explained that Jasper lost control, and that Carlisle wasn't aging to what he should be. That they have to leave and it is breaking my heart to have to say bye.

"Ok, I get it. You need to go. But please don't lose touch, I can't live without you guys forever." I said and they all nodded. "Baby girl we gotta go now" Carlisle said as he pulled me to a quick hug. "Ok, but I'm gonna let you go one a last note. I have this quote from a tv show I watch and I fell in love with it, but I never released how real it is, not till now." I sighed. "It goes 'I'm thankful for my years spent with this family. For everything we shared, every chance we had to grow. I'll take the best of them with me and lead by their example wherever I go. A friend told me to be honest with you. So, here it goes. This isn't what I want, but I'll take the high road. Maybe it's because I look at everything as a lesson. Or because I don't want to walk around angry. Or maybe it's because I finally understand. There are things we don't want to have happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but have to learn. And people we can't live without, but have to let go.'" I said with tears in my eyes while looking at my family for what may be the last time. Carlisle tightens his grip on me for a second and kisses my head. Then everyone gave me a hug. Last was Esme. "I love you so much baby" she said then kissed my head and went into the car with the others. "I love you too, all of you" I said knowing they herd me.

I rushed home and sped straight to the room. I grabbed a towel and went to the bathroom to take a bath, to try and soak away the pain. An hour later Sam came in and stripped his clothes. I moved forward and let him in behind me. We sat there for a few minutes in silence as he held me.

"Are you feeling any better" he asked. "No, but I'll get there, and it is definitely helping that you're here" I sighed. "I know it will take time but don't shut us out, ok" he said/asked and I nodded "ok". Moments later there was a buck at the door.

"Sam, Billy called, apparently Bella is missing in the woods ear her house. He wants us to help look" Paul's voice rang through the door. "Do you need me to stay" Sam asked while looking at me.

"No, go find her and take her home. Then come home to me" I told him pressing a kiss to his lips. He got out, dried off and put on clean cloths. "I'll be back soon" he said leaning down to give me one last kiss then left.