Time Doesn't Stop

It's been months since the Cullen's left. I wanna shut down, but it's like the boys can sense it and they beep me doing things or happy. Carlisle called every Friday at first, like we used to. But for the last month, radio silence.

Lilian keeps asking where Gma and Gpa are and I tell her that they moved. She still doesn't fully understand it. She's two though, that tends to happen.

Me, Lili, Sam, Kim, Jerard , and Paul are all in the living room watching movies. We have been at it for a while too. It is either comedy or Disney. We all sin he Disney songs to make Lili happy, her smile is adorable.

Half way through our fourth movie I get a call. I would get up but Lili is in my lap and Sam's arms are around me. "Hello" I asked. "Hey kid" Harry Clearwater's voice rang through. "Hey Harry, what's up" I asked while playing with Lili's hair.

"Embry is about to join the pack. He's in the woods, may already be a wolf" he said to my. "Ok we're on it" I said glancing to Sam who nodded. I hang up and look to the boys. "Movie time is up, duty calls" I said and they nodded. "Kim can you watched" I asked looking down to Lilian. "Of course" she said. "Come here princess" Kim said while grabbing Lili.

The boys waisted no time in going out and shifting. I followed moments later. 'Did Harry tell you where Embry is' Sam thought to me. "No, just that he is in the woods, I would start tear his house" I said and the three boys nod.

We get to the aria around his house and began looking. I hear twigs snap and I look to see a new wolf. "Boys, I see him" I said raising my hands turning to him. "Hey Embry" I said while walking towards him.

He began to growl feeling threatened. The boys were behind me immediately and started to growl Sam came right up next to me. I go in front of them and turn to them. "Hey it's ok, he's just scared. Calm down now" I said to them and they bowed their heads.

I turned back to Embry and raised my hands again. "I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here to help" I told him. He shook his head and backed away more. "Hey, hey, hey. Look at me. You know me. Ok, I'm the same Ashley from before. Ok, everything is going to be ok" I said to him and he stood still for a moment. He was looking me in the eyes and watching me closely. Like he was trying to see if it is true. He then nodded.

We stand there for a moment. The boys start to walk forward but I through my arm back stopping them. They immediately stoped moving and let me do my thing.

I raised my arms and slowly approached Embry. "I know that it hurts. I know it feels endless. I know how it goes. I know you think you can't take this." I sang as I was right in front of him. I raised my hand slowly for him to see my every action. I started petting him and he leaned into my touch. "I know you feel lost. Like no one can find you. Your a puzzle in pieces. That I'm trying to fix." I sang petting his head. Once I finished those lines I backed away and turned to the boys. I nodded to them. "I hate to admit to" I began and slowly started turning around to Embry. I raised my arms and started lifting things with my telekinesis. "But I feel the same way" I said while turning the items, then placing them down. Sam comes up behind me in human form and reaches for my hand. He places the pair of shorts he has for Embry in my hands.

"You need to trust me, ok" I said/asked. He nodded. "Stay calmed and relaxed" I began. "You need to think about being human. The things that make you happy to be human" I said to him. A few minutes later he shifts back. I hand him the shorts and he puts them on. "Let's go home, there's things to discuss" I said and the boys nod.

We got home and Lili ran right into my arms. "Mama" she shouted. "Hey baby" I said giving her a squeeze. "Deres a nudder one" she said. "He wolf too" she asked. I giggled at her need to know. "Yes baby, he is" I told her. "Embwe" she asked as she finally saw him. I put her down and she ran and climbed into his lap. She pulled on his hands and started playing with his fingers.

"Hey Lilian" he said looking down to her. "Whatcha doin" he asked her and she shrugged. "I missid you" she said and I giggled. "Hey, I'm going to make food" I whispered to Sam and he nodded. "Ok" he said giving me a kiss.

I was in true kitchen and I could hear Sam explain this all to Embry with Lili chiming in with what she knows. It makes everyone giggle at how hard she is trying.
---------------
For the next week Embry tried to adjust and it was going smoothly. After two weeks he was ready to be out in public, but not for long periods of time. Today, Kim is having a girls day with Lili. The boys and I decided we wanna go cliff diving.

We walked out of the woods. I take off my shirt and am left in short jean shorts and a bikini top. Paul and Embry pushed Jerard off of the cliff. We all laugh like fools. Embry jumped in next. Sam wrapped me in a hug, we were still a distance from the edge. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I noticed Bella and Jake watching us and I told Sam. We were both there being movie, but listening. "Who is with him" Bella asked Jacob. "That's by sister, Ashley. I don't understand her anymore. He completely destroyed her and look at them, engaged. She didn't even tell me our dad did." We here's Jake say. "Ignore him" I tell Sam then kiss him he smiled at me. Then got this look in his eyes. I knew he was gonna pick me up, I didn't need to read his mind.

Once he did I loudly squeal, I'm sure that Bella and Jake could here it, I wrapped my legs around his waist out of instinct. He ran off the edge and jumped. We hit the water and it was cold. "Holly shit" I screamed once we surfaced. "It's cold" I continued. "Yeah, that tends to happen in Washington" Jerard quipped. So under the water I blended to pull him under. I let him go and he re surfaced moments later. "Hey" he shouts at me. "Oopsie" I said innocently. They all laughed at me. For the first time in a while in a while there was no hole in my chest from missing my family.