Chapter 8 - Developing

Astrid pov

The past few days or should I say month, I couldn't think straight. I daydream about my life and children, oddly enough whenever I think of Paul, I feel nothing Like he never hurt me or I never loved him but when I think of Haiden, weird but I always blush, my hands get sweaty when ever he kisses my cheeks, my knees goes far too weak whenever he smiles, I get this weird feeling of not letting his smile fade and you know what's weirder than that?

My heart beats like a maniac! It feels like it was going to break away from my chest and give it self to Haiden.

Naughty, naughty heart of mine!

My training also I'm getting better at it. Haiden would always accompany me and cheer for me at the bleachers which got the girls on Track-and-field jealous of me for having such hot and supportive boyfriend which I am also proud of, even though it's just a fake relationship. I wonder what would happen if I give up on Paul?

''Good job, Asty baby'' Haiden cooed and complimented and handed me a bottle of water which I gladly took and devoured with big and loud gulps.

I just finished my daily TAF training and was sitting on the bench to cool down when Haiden came up and handed me a water

''Thanks, Hiccy boo boo'' I also cooed which earned a laugh at the both of us. He wiped the sweat on my face with the clean white towel that he always bring for me, like the gentleman he was.

''Even though, your ankle just healed you still run like the wind, Astrid.'' He smiled and wrapped his arm around me. Also this has become usual thing for us, not that I mind though because I obviously don't. We randomly flirt at each other which I enjoyed truly. The feelings I once had for Paul was slowly fading away. Weve been pretending to be a couple for a month now and we got each other gifts even though we only have a fake relationship.

''Ankle sprain is not enough to stop me from running and pursuing my dreams!'' I answered as he rested his chin on my shoulder and we both watched the others for a while.

''Gee! You smell, Asty Baby.'' Haiden playfully said and I hit him also playfully of course with a smile on my face

''I just finished practicing and as you can see, I'm covered in sweat!'' He just nodded and pointed his lips for a kiss,I blushed and flicked his lips. He pouted. I don't know if he was just teasing me or if he wanted the kiss but that is still too embarassing for me.

''Gosh, would you two get any more cuter?'' I heard Ruffnut from behind. We turned around and found her grinning at us with amusement.

''Oh, hey Single lady!'' I grinned and Haiden chuckled and also said, ''Hey, Rebecca.''

I don't have any idea as to why Ruff still don't have a boyfriend, she goes out on a blind date 7 days a week. Imagine that!

''Hey, Brown Hottie.'' Ruff winked at Haiden. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tounge out at her childlishly and Haiden only laughed at my childishness.

''What's up, Single lady?''

''Were having a party this Friday, you two coming?''

''I'm not coming.'' Haiden answered and I looked at him frowning

''Oh, that's a bummer''

''Babe, come on, let's go!'' I tried to convince him but it only rewarded me with an apologetic smile

''Sorry! Friday is a no-go for me this week.''

''Nah, it's okay, maybe next time then Brown hottie. Are you coming, Astrid?''