Daegu

Sarah closes the door behind her. Yoongi looks up from the waiting room. "And?" She nods. Yoongi is conflicted. Not sure if he should excited or sad. They haven't been able to contact Jin for the whole week. "Shit. So it's true then..." He taps her shoulder. "I'm so afraid, Yoongi... What if he never comes back?" Yoongi scratches his head. "I honestly don't know." They go back home in silence. Hoseok wasn't home because he needed to do his job in Gwangju, but they decided to alternate with living with Sarah. So she never is alone. He texts Hoseok the news.

A few days later, Sarah gets up and starts packing. Yoongi is surprised at it. "What are you going to do now?" "I decided. The only thing I love here is Jin. Now that he isn't here anymore, and not coming back, I have nothing left to stay here. I can't go back to Japan, so I'm returning to Belgium. " "What about the baby?" "I'll raise it myself. Or get rid of it. I dunno." She is packing in a chaotic way and Yoongi softly places his hand on hers to stop her from rushing. "Sarah. I understand you are upset, but is this truly what you want? I need you to calmly consider everything." She looks at Yoongi with tears behind her eyes. "I thought about it thoroughly. This is what I should do. What I am supposed to do." "You aren't even sure about raising or aborting the baby, nevermind deciding about all the other things." "I am done waiting. I am done with Korea. I am done with everything." "Didn't you want to live in Japan? Maybe you can still find a wa-" "No. There is no way. There is nothing left. I don't care anymore." She turns pack to packing and after folding a top, she leans on it in her suitcase. Tears are dropping. Yoongi's heart is crushing under the sadness. He has no solution either. For him he would suggest to keep things in a status quo. But he does know Sarah already. And she isn't one to stand still in one place for too long. She likes being on the move. Even if it means she is stepping out of her comfort zone and into a mess.

He calls Hoseok. "Any luck on contacting Jin?" "No, I've been to his parents, and visited all sauna's nearby, but no one has seen him. Do you think he left Seoul?" "And go where?" "I don't know." "You don't think he is sleeping under a bridge somewhere?" "Nah, Jin isn't like that." "She is going to return to Belgium soon. With Jin's baby. She isn't even sure if she will keep it. She isn't in a good state mentally to make a decision like this. I'm afraid she will make a mistake that will be regretted by her as well as by Jin. I don't know how to keep her here." "Take her to Daegu? Let her be with your parents, take her into a warm family." "Warm? My family? No way dude. How about Gwangju? Your parents are such sweethearts." Hoseok laughs nervously. He still remembers the fascination he had for her in the beginning. He's not sure if he will be able to introduce her as just a friend, since he is still hoping he could ever be more with her. "Ask her yourself, which family she wants to visit." "How about we send her to Jin's parents instead?" There is a silence at both their sides. "That would actually be a good idea. And yet not. It would make the pressure too big on both of them. Jin and Sarah." "You're right. I'll just straight out ask her." Yoongi hangs up. He returns to the apartment.

"Sarah? How about you wait with returning to Belgium a bit longer? I would suggest you to first see some more of Korea. You haven't even seen me or Hoseok's hometown yet." Sarah looks at him in surprise. She was not expecting this. Ofcourse, if she was going to say goodbye to Asia, she would regret not seeing the end of it. And if the opportunity arises, who is she to say no. "That might not be a bad idea. But not too long. I need to be back in Belgium if I want to be on time to get it removed. I'm still not sure about it all." Yoongi nods. "So, Gwangju? Daegu? Pick your poison." Sarah thinks. "Both?" Yoongi nods. "That can be arranged. you'll stay at our parent's places. Since both of us still live with our parents. I wonder how rich Jin's parents must have been if he already has his own apartment..." Yoongi makes the necessary arrangements while Sarah takes an early sleep.

In the morning they take a comfortable long intercity bus to Daegu. Yoongi is napping a bit while Sarah is on her social media. She hasn't been active anymore since she hasn't been in a good mood for a while. She is slowly falling into a depression. She keeps hoping for a sign from Jin. She looks outside the bus where the sun is just slowly rising over the fields of Korea. "Oh sure, now it is flat..." although she still sees mountains everywhere in the distance. Korea is just topographically very mountain-ish. There are rivers and mountains and it does exuud some sort of natural rest like there is Japan. Sarah is enjoying the view so much. It's a breather compared to Seoul, where everything is a stoned and paved mountain full of buildings. Yoongi smirks at seeing how Sarah's face relaxes. When they take a pit stop to go to the bathroom, she stretches her legs and arms and smiles. "Are you liking the outskirts that much?" He asks while handing her a bottle of Pilsung. "That's so not foreigner like of you. Not even Koreans are crazy about it... Yet here you are." She smiles and takes a sip. "I know right. It feels as if I can breath again." Yoongi looks around and nods while agreeing with her. He is already happy she is opening up again. The rest of the bus travel they are playing games and he is telling her about his hometown. When they finally see the bridges of Daegu, it is already dark again, and the colors on it are popping. Sarah's jaw drops at the look of Daegu. It has a needle like Seattle and it looks city like but not like Seoul. She is pushing her nose against the window. Yoongi smirks while sipping his iced americano.