New challenges

They had a game night after that and sat in the couch to watch a late night movie. Eventually both went to sleep and Jin got up early to go to work. Sarah wakes up and grabs her phone.

Thanks for last night, it was so comfortable and nice. Can't wait for next date night.

She smiles. "He's cute." She notices she has another message. It's from the Belgian restaurant.

After consideration, we have decided to accept your application to work for us, and would like to ask you to file your official documents to sign your contract soon. Let us know when is convenient.

Sarah cheers loudly and jumps on the couch. She bounces all over the place " Alexa, play bangbangbang from big bang." The music is on full blast and she is dancing her heart out. She then drops in the couch and texts Jin.

Got a job! It's in a Belgian restaurant in Nihombashi. So close I could even go by bike. But where is the fun in that? :) But maybe I can do it in the summer time. Summer in Tokyo is amazing. Especially the nights! I'll go sign the contracts today. I'm so happy!!!

Jin opens his phone during make-up and sees the message. He opens it and smiles. "That's amazing news." he mumbles. The stylist looks over his shoulder and her face drops in disappointment. "Your girlfriend?" She asks. He smiles. "Yes." and he can feel a sudden less gentle tug on his hair. He wonders if it was an accident or if it was on purpose. She has been gentle all this time.

Sarah enters the restaurant and meets the general manager. He greets her with a wide smile and leads her around. He can for now only offer her a part time and she should give him her preferences. She signs the contracts and takes the necessary paperworks with her home. She can start this weekend already. Excited, she walks around her new work area. It has a modern shinto shrine next to it and it looks super fancy. Rich cars are everywhere and many business men are walking on the street. She looks up at the corner of the building and sees the restaurant on the 2nd floor. She smiles. "That's my work now. So happy." She goes back home.

She is filling in the paperworks when she hears the beeping noise of the cardkey. Jin enters and sees her writing at the kitchen table. He leans over her shoulders, to peek into what she is writing, but regrets it. It's all in Japanese and she is also writing in Japanese. "What is that?" He decides to ask, since he can't read it. "It's my contract. I got the job, I messaged you that, no?" "Yeah, got the message. Congratz!" She jumps up and hugs him. "I knoooooooow" A bit shook, Jin is awkward with his hands but the moment he decided to place them on her back, she pulls back out of the hug. Her face is beaming. She is clearly loving it so much. "Is work that fun to you?" He asks, while taking a seat next to her at the table. "Are you kidding me? I love work! It's much better than just sitting home all day. You meet new people, live stays interesting, you earn money, and you feel sort of accomplished. It keeps things interesting." Jin nods. He can feel she is a very earnest, honest and hard working woman. It is something that graces her somehow and would be another point of attraction for a man. "Unfortunately, Japanese men don't like it that much." He is startled because he was just thinking about that. "They don't like it when a woman is successful, or better than them. They like a woman to stay home and do homely stuff. And somewhere I don't mind, but I do want to go to work too. It does something for your self esteem if you go out to work or stay in at home." Jin nods. "You know, some men do think it's attractive if a woman is like you. Hard working and ambitious." She smiles at Jin and places her hand on his arm. "Thanks for the men talk. This is why it is so nice to have a male friend." She pats his arm and focus back on the papers in front of her. She writes the symbols so diligently and neatly.

That evening, they are in the couch, watching a movie together, having a snack and laughing. Eventually Sarah turns quiet and when the movie ended, Jin looks beside him. He sees Sarah nodding off with her head. She seems very cute that way. He pushes softly with a few fingers her head towards his shoulder. But the moment she hits his shoulder, she wakes up. She looks at the black tv screen and then at Jin. She mumbles an apology and gets up to turn in for the night. Jin wishes her a good night and looks at how she retreats in her room. He feels the warm spot in the couch, where she sat. He lays on it. He closes his eyes and before he knows it, he falls asleep.