Gwangju ending 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Author's note

I couldn't choose 1 ending, so from now on I will write a few endings. Each ending chapter will be separate from the others. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised, Sarah didn't wander around the house, she met Yoongi's parents and had a meal together. They were very intellegent people who talked to her on a very different level, even though there was a language barrier, they got along very well. She told them about the park and the colors and what they did, and Yoongi smiles at the table. After dinner she retires to her room, feeling it was appropriate to do so, because his parents seem like people who like to stay on their own. They are kind, but feel a bit cool. She's in his room, browsing her social media, hoping to see a message from Jin. But it is dead silent.

The next morning she goes to the bus station with Yoongi, who will accompany her to Hoseok's place. In the bus she notices that the landscape changes, very hilly and less city like, compared to Daegu. It is even more landly than it. There are villages but most of all, plenty of forest and rivers. And mountains. She sighs. Why is Korea this mountain-y? They get dropped off not in the capital of Gwangju but slightly outside it. Hoseok waves at the busstop. When they get off, he grabs her luggage and walks towards his house after saying goodbye to Yoongi, who took the bus back home. The houses are scarce and small, no sky scrapers, but big yards and gardens, each very meticulously kept. He opens a rusty, iron gate to a small but cute house. When they enter the house, they see a grandma sitting in front of the TV, peeling chestnuts. A small, cute dog jumps up at Sarah's legs. "Mickey! Down boy!" Hoseok softly scolds the dog, and the dog listens immediately. From the kitchen floats a delicious smell. His mom is cooking already, while it's only 10am. Guess they'll get a warm meal for lunch. "NaNa? This is Sarah." The grandma looks around, and gazes at Sarah up and down before turning her head again, back to peeling chestnuts. Wow, that's it? Sarah seems to think and raises an eyebrow. "NaNa is a bit awkward around strangers. Don't worry, it isn't personal." He smiles his wide smile and leads her to the kitchen. "Hobiyah! Is that your girlfriend?" The mom looks like him and has the most wide smile Sarah has ever seen. She walks towards Sarah and holds her by her shoulders. "What a splendid woman!" She pushes Sarah down on a chair and walks to the stove. She grabs a spoon of her soup and brings it, while blowing to Sarah. She feeds it to her. "And? How is it? Hobiyah doesn't like spicy, so it might be right in your alley." The mom seems very considerate.

"Mom, don't forcefeed her." The mom looks at Hoseok and nods in shock. "O-okay..." Sarah can't help but smile. This is way different than Yoongi's parents. She now sees why Hoseok is who he is now. "What are you standing around for like this?! Bring her luggage up to your room! And make it quick!" Hoseok obediently follows his mom's orders, it is obvious he is a very fillial son. "Where is Hoseok's father?" The mom is stirring the soup. "He's out, teaching. It is a bit far from here, but you'll see him tonight at dinner." Sarah nods. She gets up and asks the mom if she can help with something. Cutting veggies or something. "Oh! Here peel garlic for me, sweetheart!" Sarah gratefully accepts this job because she hates being idle. When Hoseok returns to the kitchen, he notices Sarah working already. "Mo-om! Did you put her to work already?" Mom laughs. "She volunteered, sweety." Hoseok shakes his head and turns to Sarah. "You don't have to do this..." "I want to. I hate being idle." The mom grins. "I like her a lot, Hoseok. You chose well." "Mom, it's not like tha-" But the mom shushes him; she saw how her boy looked at Sarah and knows enough. She can see Sarah isn't completely into Hoseok, but she isn't hating him either. After peeling the garlic, his mom tells them to pluck some leaf veggies from their garden. Hoseok and Sarah walk outside. They walk quite the distance. "Where is the veggie garden?" "It's a communial patch the whole street maintains. It's just a bit ahead." "So where is your family's pad?" She looks over a field of greens. He shrugs. "We just take a bit from each other. We all share things here. Just make sure to leave something behind. Don't pluck everything. Just what you need." Hoseok starts to pluck. Sarah looks around. She loves it here. There are no cars, there is no pollution, it is so landly and quiet, surrounded by nature. She is standing still for a moment and closes her eyes to take it all in. Hoseok looks up to see why she isn't plucking, and grins.