Reunion (Shelby/Toni)

Shelby and Toni reunite for good after a long time of being apart, Shelby in Texas and Toni in Minnesota 

"Relax Toni. It's going to be fine," Martha assures her best friend as they wait in the airport for Shelby.

"I know Marti. It's just that we haven't seen each other in a long time. What if she doesn't love me anymore?" Toni asks worriedly.

"Toni, you're legit all she talks about when we text. Toni this and Toni that. She loves you," Martha promises.

Toni smiles at her best friend and they wait in comfortable silence for Shelby's plane to land. After what seems like forever, the plane lands. Toni sits straight upright, eager to see her love. Finally, people start to come out of the gates. Some walk over to loved ones, some walk off alone. Toni and Martha both search for the blonde in the vast sea of people. Suddenly, Toni sees her. Her blonde hair has grown in the months they have been apart so that it barely brushes her shoulders, her blue eyes full of eagerness to see her love. Their eyes meet, blue on brown, and a smile creeps across the girls' faces. 

"Toni!" Shelby calls as she rushes over.

Toni opens her arms and the blonde rushes into them, clinging to Toni. 

"I missed you so much," Shelby exclaims.

"I missed you too, baby," Toni replies, placing a kiss on the blonde's head.

******

After dinner with Martha and her mother, the pair lay in Toni's bed, the blonde tucked securely in the basketball player's arms. 

"Toni?" Shelby asks.

"Yeah, babe?" Toni replies, absentmindedly tucking her girlfriend's blonde hair behind her ears.

"Please don't ever leave me. You're all I have left. My parents... They refuse to accept me. In their eyes, I am no longer my daughter," Shelby begs tearfully.

"Hey. Look at me," Toni says.

Shelby looks up at her girl, blue eyes meeting chocolate brown ones.

"I love you, Shelby Goodkind. I will never ever leave you. It's you and me forever. I promise," Toni promises. 

"I love you too, Toni Shalifore. Kiss me. Please," Shelby requests, smiling at the brunette. 

Toni smiles back before kissing her, rolling them over so she is on top of the blonde. Shelby runs her hands under Toni's shirt, feeling her soft skin under her fingertips, breaking the kiss, their foreheads resting against each other.

"Mine," Shelby smiles.

"Yours. Forever," Toni promises.

"And I'm yours," Shelby replies lovingly, running her hands gently through Toni's brown locks. 

"Hell yeah you are," Toni smirks.

Shelby shifts so her head is resting on Toni's chest, listening to her heart beat. The basketball players wraps Shelby in her arms, kissing her head. 

"I love you, and I can't wait to start our life together," Toni says softly.

"Me too, baby, me too," Shelby grins, snuggling further into Toni's embrace. 

Both girls drift off soon after, happy to be in each other's arms once again after months of being apart.