4x09 Fix It (Avalance)

The fight between Sara and Ava in 4x09 hit me right in the feels. In this one shot, we get to see them make up. (see attached video for context)

Sara shows up at Ava's apartment late at night. It's the night after their huge fight and she just wants to talk it out with Ava. She loves her so much and will never give up on them. She tentatively knocks on the door, hands shaking with nerves. The door swings open to reveal Ava, her eyes swollen and red from crying.

"What do you want, Sara?"

"Hi. Can we please talk? Please, Aves," Sara begs, tears stinging her eyes.

Ava sighs and ushers Sara inside. The pair sit on the couch, facing each other.

"You said you wanted to talk. So, talk. Talk, Sara," Ava says, trying not to break down into tears.

"You asked me for one thing, and I didn't do it. You do so much for me, and I couldn't even do one single thing for you. I.. I fucked up, Aves. I should have been there for you, I should have been in your corner. I should have put YOU first. And I didn't. I messed up so badly. I'm so sorry, my love," Sara states, wringing her hands nervously. Ava refuses to meet her eyes.

"Aves, please. Look at me. I'm so sorry," Sara pleads, gently tilting Ava's chin up so their eyes meet, green on blue.

Ava breaks down then, sobbing her heart out. Sara's heart breaks as the love of her life cries, and she pulls her into her arms, cradling her as if she is made of the most precious china.

"Shh... I love you. I'm here. I've got you. Just let it all out. I'm sorry, my love. I'm so sorry," Sara soothes, tears streaming down her own checks, knowing she has caused her girl the pain she is feeling.

Ava sobs for what seems like an eternity to Sara before she pulls back, wiping at her eyes.
Ava strokes Sara's check lovingly before uttering: "I forgive you. I love you, Sara".

"You do?" Sara asks, her voice wobbling.

"Yeah, baby, I do, and I am sorry for my part in our fight" Ava says.

"It's ok, love. I forgive you too. Now that we've made up, can we kiss?" Sara replies, eyeing the taller blonde's plump lips.

Ava laughs and nods. "Yes, Sara, we can kiss now,"

Sara pumps her fist in the air and cups Ava's face in her hands pulling her towards her. Their lips touch and Ava wraps her arms around Sara. They kiss for several minutes before breaking apart, resting their foreheads together.

"I love you, Ava Sharpe," Sara whispers.

"I love you, Sara Lance," Ava replies, pulling Sara into another kiss, so glad that they have made up. God, she loves her girl so much.