Meltdown (Hizzie)

Lizzie sees Hope kissing Landon and has a meltdown (taken from another one of my stories, Stopping The Merge) 

Lizzie knows she is on the verge of a meltdown. The stress of it all is just too much. The merge, her mother being back all of a sudden, having to work with Penelope to find a way to stop the merge, a sudden road trip, which means she will have a lot of work to catch up on. All she wants right now is to be in Hope's arms. The auburn haired girl has a calming affect on her. Taking a calming breathe, she goes off in search of Hope, expecting to find her in the library or in her room.

What she is not expecting, however, is to find Hope and Landon kissing as she turns down the hall. And just like that, she runs. She runs into the closest classroom she can find and screams. She uses her magic to throw books and paper everywhere, not caring if she destroys anything. Her screaming attracts the attention of several students, who only make things worse. She shatters the windows, not caring that the broken glass goes everywhere, several pieces landing in her arms. All she cares about is that Hope kissed Landon. Her girlfriend kisses someone else. Someone that is not her, and that is all Lizzie cares about.

******

"Josie!" MG says, rushing up to where Josie is sitting in the common room, studying.

"Hey MG. What's up?" She asks.

"Lizzie. She's freaking out, and people are staring, and it's making it worse," He explains breathlessly.

"Where?" Josie asks, instantly getting to her feet.

"Science classroom," The vampire says.

"Get my dad," Josie orders before rushing off.

She finds Lizzie smashing things with her magic, students starring and laughing at her.

"Everyone get the hell out of here. Now!" Josie orders angrily.

Everyone runs off, not wanting to mess with Josie Saltzman. Josie enters the science classroom, casting a spell around her so nothing will hit her.

"Lizzie, it's me. Can you try to breathe for me? Deep breathes, Liz," Josie urges.

"She kissed Landon," Lizzie growls, throwing more books around.

"Who kissed Landon?" Josie asks, dreading the answer.

"Hope. Hope kissed him," Lizzie says.

"Lizzie, that girl is crazy about you. You know how jerky Landon can be. There has to be a good explanation to why she kissed him," Josie says, hoping she is right.

"Lizzie!" Alaric says, rushing in.

"Daddy!" Lizzie whimpers, allowing the storm of objects to stop.

"What happened, Liz?" he sighs, running his hand through his hair.

All Lizzie can do is cry, so Josie takes her sister into her arms and holds her close.

"She saw Hope and Landon kissing," Josie explains.

"I see," Alaric says, pursing his lips.

He may be Hope's mentor, but his daughters will always come first, no matter what.

"Liz?" Hope asks, coming into the room, looking sheepish.

"Go away, Hope. I know what you did," Lizzie growls, hiding her face in Josie's shoulder.

"Baby, please let me explain. I love you. Please Lizzie," Hope begs.

"Five. You get five minutes," Lizzie sighs, untangling herself from Josie's arms.

Josie and Alaric leave to give the couple some privacy, both glaring at Hope.

"Talk," Lizzie says angrily.

"He kissed me! I pushed him away! I promise Lizzie. Here, I'll even do a truth spell so you know I'm telling the truth. Please believe me. I didn't kiss him. I love you so much. Lizzie, please don't leave me," Hope begs.

Lizzie can tell by the look in panicked Hope's blue eyes that she isn't lying. Hope continues to ramble, so to shut her up, Lizzie kisses her. Hope stands there, shocked, but quickly recovers and kisses Lizzie back. They break apart for air and rest their foreheads together.

"I believe you," Lizzie tells the tribird, who sighs in relief.

"Good. Because I love you, Lizzie Saltzman, and I would never do anything to jeopardize that," Hope tells her.

"I love you too, Hopey baby," Lizzie replies.

"Let me heal you and spell the room back to normal, and then we can go after Kirby and make sure he never kisses me again," Hope tells Lizzie.

Lizzie smirks and offers her arms to Hope, who heals each cut, kissing them afterwards. She takes Lizzie's hand in hers, and together they spell the room back to its' original state.

"There. Now let's go kick Kirby's ass," Lizzie says, smiling.

"You are way too excited about this," Hope teases.

"He kissed MY girl. He has this coming," Lizzie replies.

The pair go off to find Landon. It takes a while, but eventually they find him hanging out near the lake. Lizzie grabs Hope's hand and casts a spell which sends him flying.

"Want to tell me why you kissed my girl? You know we're together" Lizzie asks angrily.

"Uh I didn't?" Landon tries.

"I saw you, mophead," Lizzie growls, sending him flying again after he attempts to stand up.

"You're going to let her do this, Hope?" he asks.

"You had it coming. You know I'm taken," Hope replies.

"But Hope, why stay with her when you can be with me?" Landon asks.

"Because you are a jerk who kisses girls who are taken. She treats me much better than you ever had. So take a hike, Landon, and leave me and my girl alone," Hope growls before storming off, Lizzie going with her.

They head to Hope's room, where Lizzie locks the door and pins Hope onto the bed, eyes fiery.

"Mine," Lizzie growls.

"Yours. Always," Hope promises, reaching up and stroking Lizzie's check.

The pair kiss, and both know that somehow, they are going to figure out a way to stop the merge, so they can live their lives, happily together.