Never Again: An Alternate Ending (Sanvers)

Alternate ending to the scene in Damage 3x05 when Maggie is seen leaving their apartment for the last time

The moment Maggie is gone and the door shuts behind her, Alex realizes she's made a huge mistake.

She can't live without Maggie. Maggie is the love of her life and she just let her go.

Alex flings open the door and runs. She finds Maggie all the way down the hall, tears streaming down her miserable looking face. Maggie turns and sees Alex.

"What, Danvers?" she sighs sadly.

"Please don't go. I love you. I love you with all my heart. I want to marry you, Mags. You're the love of my life. Don't go," Alex begs.

"You want kids, Alex," Maggie replies.

"I don't want kids if it means I can't have you," Alex replies.

"No. You don't get to do that. You don't get to get my hopes up," Maggie snaps before walking away.

Alex grabs her wrist. "Maggie I mean it. Please don't go. I don't want kids if it means I can't have you. I love you Maggie Sawyer and I am so sorry for breaking your heart. Please believe me. Marry me, Mags. I want you more than I want kids," Alex pleads.

Maggie turns and faces Alex. The moment their eyes meet, Maggie breaks down into sobs that rack throughout her entire body.

"Oh baby," Alex whispers, reaching out tentatively for Maggie. Maggie collapses into Alex's strong arms, clinging to her as if her life depends on not letting go of Alex.

"Shhh. It's alright, Mags. I'm here. I'm so sorry baby. I'm so sorry," Alex soothes, scooping up Maggie's fallen bag.

She leads Maggie back to the apartment and drops the bag on the floor. She picks a still sobbing Maggie up and Maggie wraps her legs around Alex's waist.

Alex carries her to the bed and lays her down before removing her jeans, shirt, and jacket as well as her shoes and socks, leaving Maggie in a tank top and boyshorts. Alex strips down to her tank and boyshorts as well before laying down beside Maggie.

Maggie turns and buries her head into Alex's chest. Alex holds her close, placing a kiss on her head and holding her while she continues to sob. Alex's heart breaks, knowing she's the one who has caused Maggie to cry like this, has caused Maggie's already fragile heart to break.

After a few more agonizing minutes, Maggie's sobs fade to sniffles. "Don't. you. Ever. Leave. Me. Again," Maggie says, sniffling between every word.

"I won't, love. I love you so much and I'm so sorry," Alex promises.

"Ally?" Maggie asks. "Yeah, honey?" Alex replies.

"I'll marry you. I love you. Forever," Maggie says softly.

A grin spreads across Alex's face and she holds Maggie even tighter. She swears she will never let this woman go. Never again.