My Idiot (Toni and Shelby)

Toni gets hurt trying to impress Shelby. 

Toni has a habit of doing stupid, reckless things to impress pretty girls. One time to impress Reagan, her ex, she managed to climb onto the roof of the school. Needless to say, Toni got stuck, but Reagan was impressed nonetheless and Toni walked away unscathed. So when Toni sees a tree that looks easy to climb while walking with Shelby, she decides to climb it. 

"Hey Shelbs, watch this!" Toni exclaims, running to the tree and beginning to climb. 

Shelby watches Toni as she climbs higher and higher, branch after branch. She is luckily is not far enough off the ground to cause serious injury when she places her foot on a weak branch, and it breaks, causing Toni to fall to the ground. Shelby rushes to her side and sits on the ground beside Toni, pulling the girl's head into her lap, stroking her hair.

"You idiot. You big idiot. You could have gotten seriously hurt," Shelby scolds the brunette. 

"I'm okay. My left arm hurts though," Toni winces.

"Let me see," Shelby requests, gently taking Toni's left arm in her hands.

She notices a large scrap, but luckily it is not too deep. She sighs, kissing Toni's head.

"You've got a nasty scrap we need to go disinfect," Shelby informs Toni.

"Oops. I was just trying to impress you," Toni explains.

"You goof. You don't need to impress me. I'm already head over heels for you," Shelby sighs.

"You are?" Toni asks, starring lovingly into the blonde's green eyes.

"Of course I am, baby," Shelby replies.

"Good. Because I'm head over heels for you too," Toni smiles back.

Shelby stands up and offers a hand for Toni to take. Toni takes it and allows Shelby to help her stand. The pair return to camp where Shelby makes Toni sit on the sand while she goes to fetch the first aid kit. She returns quickly and disinfects Toni's arm before placing a large band aid on it, kissing it softly. 

"You're an idiot sometimes, you know? You're lucky it's only a scrape," Shelby sighs, taking Toni's hands in hers.

"Yeah, I know. No more climbing trees, I promise," Toni replies, meeting Shelby's eyes sheepishly.

"Hey. You may be a bit of an idiot, but you're MY idiot," Shelby smiles.

"You got that right," Toni smirks, kissing the blonde lovingly.

After that day, Toni no longer tries to impress the blonde. She knows Shelby is hers and she is Shelby's, and that fact makes Toni happier than she has been in a long, long time.