Sick Sara (Avalance)

Sara is sick one day with the flu, and Ava being Ava is really over doing it with making sure she feels better, until Sara makes her sit down and stop overreacting its just a minor case of the flu. (Prompt by @Fifthharm16)

Sara wakes up around noon with an overwhelming urge to vomit. She barely makes it to the bathroom before vomiting.

Back in the bedroom, Ava awakes to the sound. She is on her feet immediately, rushing to the bathroom. There, she finds her wife kneeling on the floor and vomiting into the toilet. Ava stands behind her and pulls her long blonde hair back from her face, rubbing soothing patterns on Sara's back.

"Shhh, baby. Let it all out. I've got you," Ava soothes.

Sara continues to vomit for a few more minutes before ceasing.

"All done?" Ava asks.

Sara nods and attempts to pull herself up from her seat on the tile floor, but Ava grabs her arm to stop her.

"Just sit there while I start you a bath, baby," Ava says, turning and starting the water.

She gets up to grab some towels and a fresh pair of pajamas for Sara. Once the tub is filled, she helps her wife stand up and removes her clothing.

"There, you go, love," Ava says as she helps Sara into a nice, warm bath.

Sara hums contently as the warm water soothes her aching muscles.

"Aves," she whispers.

"Yeah, honey?" Ava replies.

"Join me. Please. I just want to be in your arms," Sara begs.

Ava nods and strips down before climbing into the bathtub behind Sara.

Sara leans back into Ava's embrace as Ava wraps her strong arms around her wife. She places a loving kiss on her temple. The pair remain like this for a good ten minutes before Ava helps Sara out of the bath.

They towel off and throw on pajamas. Ava helps Sara back to bed and tucks her in under the blankets, placing a kiss on her head.

"Go back to sleep, Sara. Just rest, my love," Ava whispers.

Sara lets out a yawn and her eyelids flutter shut. Her breathing slows and soon, she is fast asleep. Ava smiles lovingly down at her.

Ava goes to the kitchen to start a fresh pot of soup for her wife. Soup always helps sick people feel better.

******

Sara wakes up at five o'clock pm to the sound of a vacuum cleaner. She groans and stretches, cracking her back.

She gets out of bed and goes in search of her wife. She finds Ava vacuuming the living room.

"Ava?" She calls. Ava turns around and smiles as she takes in the adorable sight before her.

Sara's blonde hair is tousled from sleep. She always looks adorable when she has just woken up.

"Hello my love. Are you feeling any better? I made you some soup. Sit down, Sara. You're still sick," Ava rambles, turning off the vacuum cleaner and gently easing her wife onto the sofa.

Sara can tell the taller blonde has been running herself ragged all day with cooking, cleaning, and caring for her. Sara doesn't actually feel too bad. It's just a minor case of the flu.

"Aves, Aves, woah. Slow down baby, Come. Sit," Sara interrupts.

Ava takes a seat next to Sara on the couch.

"Baby. You need to relax. I just have a little case of the flu. I'll be fine. Stop running yourself ragged. I'm going to be okay, Ava," Sara says, taking Ava's hands in hers. Ava nods.

"Now, you know what would make me feel a whole lot better?" Sara asks.

"Mm," Ava replies.

"If you were to hold me. They say love can cure all wounds. Sickness is essentially a giant wound," Sara smirks.

"Is that so?," Ava grins at her wife.

"Yep," Sara confirms, popping the "p".

Ava lays back on the sofa and opens her arms.

"Come here then," Ava says.

Sara kicks her feet up and lays back. Ava's arms wrap around her, providing a comforting embrace. Sara feels safe in her lover's arms. For a moment, she forgets she is sick. She forgets her muscles are achy and her nose is stuffy. She forgets the pounding in her head and the fever that is making her body burn up.

All that matters in that moment is Ava. Sara turns so she can rest her head on Ava's chest.

"Mm. See? Much better," Sara murmurs happily.

"Much better," Ava chuckles, gazing down lovingly at her wife.

"Through sickness and through health. Forever," Ava thinks, a wide smile creeping across her face.