8

Hongjoong is still drowsy when he gets up in the morning, but his sleep is instantly gone when he walks to the living room to see Seonghwa putting his shoes on. He had completely forgotten that he's at his house.

"Wait- aren't you going to have breakfast and go?"

Seonghwa shakes his head, quickly tying his laces. "I'm running late, I'll pick up something to eat on the way or something".

Hongjoong nods awkwardly as he watches the other pull the door open and quickly head out, he follows him out the door.

The latter suddenly stops and turns around to face him. "Thank you Hongjoong, really. I knew I was too tired last night but I was stubborn, thanks for convincing me".

Hongjoong offers a smile "it's no problem, you can stay over any time-". He mentally hits his head, that came out wrong.

Luckily Seonghwa doesn't notice or chooses not to. "Please keep this a secret, don't tell Yeosang"

Hongjoong doesn't question the strange request and just nods, watching the other run off to work. As he turns to head back in, he sees Yeosang looking at him, confused.

"Did I just see Seonghwa hyung?" He questions out loud, more to himself rather than Hongjoong.

The older looks at Yeosang, who is holding a trash bag, he must have gone to take out the trash and saw them.

"Uh... yeah he stayed over" Hongjoong figures there's no point lying when he literally saw Seonghwa, oops.

Yeosang widens his eyes. "Really? Thank god. How did you convince him to stay?"

He shrugs. "I just suggested it and he agreed"

Yeosang sighs in relief "thank you thank you hyung. I know it might have been uncomfortable with a stranger in your house but thank you." He pulls Hongjoong into a tight hug. "I was really worried about Seonghwa hyung last night." Hongjoong hums and pats Yeosang's back, he was worried too. Only a bit. Maybe.

~

"Yeosang, do you know this number?"

Wooyoung shoves his phone into his face, which displays an unsaved number and a strange message.

+82 XX-XXXX-XXXX
Jung Wooyoung, please meet me at this cafe today an hour from now. It's urgent. Please.

Yeosang looks at the number, it's not his mother's, or anyone he knows. "I have no idea" he says with a frown.

Wooyoung scans the message, he's always skeptical of these kind of things, who knows what would happen if he goes. "Should I go?"

The other glares at him "of course not. Just ignore it".

He sighs, the sender had said please twice and it made him feel bad if he stood them up, it really does seem urgent and Wooyoung honestly has nothing better to do.

With a final nod, he gets himself ready to go.

As he opens the door to leave, he's held back by a hand pulling him away. "Ow- Yeosang what are you doing"

"I told you to ignore that text, why are you going to meet a stranger?"

Wooyoung listens to Yeosang scolding him like a parent. "I'm just curious, this person seems genuine"

"How can you tell someone's genuine through one sentence!"

He shrugs, its true. But something in his gut is telling him to go, and hoping it's not a murderer. "Are you worried about me" Wooyoung says with a bright smile.