10

Wooyoung and Yeosang take a seat at the table in the front row, eager for today's exciting events to begin.  Up on the podium is Seonghwa since he's the organiser of this competition, his older brother as the CEO for Mars Couture, and Yeosang's mother, the special guest as Kang Modelling Agency's CEO.

Yeosang was invited to host as well since the winning design will be modelled by him, but he refused, thinking it would be better to stay as an audience member and bring Wooyoung as his plus one, which seemed to be a good idea since he's currently chatting away in excitement, happy to be invited to watch the competition live.

"I wonder where Hongjoong hyung is- there's so many people can you see!" Wooyoung turns around on his chair, marvelling at all the contestants, nudging Yeosang. "Have you seen Hongjoong hyungs work? It's so good- I guarantee you he's going to win".

Yeosang chuckles at the youngest excitement. He's seen Hongjoong's designs and as someone experienced in the fashion industry, he's very impressed- Hongjoong knows what he's doing and Yeosang has faith in him to win, that's how good he is.

But, he looks behind him. There are around a hundred contestants, each picked out from thousands of applicants. They're probably all outstanding designers. He's obviously biased wanting his hyung to win but for good reason- Yeosang has worked with designers his whole life and he's never seen someone as passionate for fashion as Hongjoong. 

He turns back around when he hears a call for attending, the whole room becoming silent. Seonghwa is tapping the microphone, getting ready to speak and Yeosang beams, happy for his friend who spent months preparing tirelessly for this moment.

"Welcome to the triennial Mars Couture designer competition! I'm Park Seonghwa and it's an honour to be this years organiser and host". A loud applause is given and Seonghwa gives a bright smile.

~

Hongjoong is sat near the back of the large room, he was almost late for the most important day of his life but he made it with panicked sprinting after getting lost on his way to the venue.

After he's sat and calmed his breaths, he takes a look at his surroundings, this place is very grand- not surprising since the company organising this is filthy rich. He looks at the stage where a couple of people stand, and spots Seonghwa.

Somehow, Hongjoong's eyes can't leave the man, he looks handsome in his suit, smiling and conversing with some else. But he's too far away, being on the podium while he's at the back of the room. It's too reminding of how way out of his league Seonghwa is, this much distance is perfect for them- Hongjoong wouldn't be able to get any closer anyway.

His pitiful thoughts are interrupted when someone sits next to him with a sigh. Hongjoong glances at the stranger with curiosity. He's wearing all black, accompanied with a black bucket hat- looking very stylish.

"Hi, sorry- all the other seats are taken, was there someone sitting here?"

The stranger gives him a warm smile when Hongjoong shakes his head. "No no, go ahead and sit, it's about to start any time now".

He tries not to be awkward, making a friend would be good for him since he barely has any from being too busy. However this was a competition, everyone is enemies with each other and Hongjoong wants to win.

He looks at the stranger, he has an innocent face, "oh I'm Changho by the way, nice to meet you...?"

Maybe it would be okay to make an ally.

"Hongjoong, Kim Hongjoong" he says with an awkward smile.

The room suddenly becomes quiet as everyone quickly turns their attention to the man on the stage.