𝟏. 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐨

— CLEO.

AS I WAKE up, the sun shines bright through my long glass windows, overlooking all of New York City from Central Park to Rockefeller Center. There isn't enough words in the English language to describe how much I love New York City— my home.

Squinting my eyes, I look around for my phone which is conveniently perched upon my white nightstand beside my bed. I hold the device up and watch as notifications from Mia — my best friend of seven years, two months, 12 days, four hours, and maybe 32 seconds? Not like I'm counting or anything — roll onto the lock screen.

mia thermopolis 👸🏼

mia thermopolis 👸🏼
FIRST DAY OF SENIOR YEAR BABY
i'm so fucking excited
i could barely sleep last night

naur cleo 🧜🏼‍♀️
HOW R U EXCITED???
do you know how much college stuff
we have to do??
AND WE HAVE TO APPLY
AND GET IN??
thats so much pressure,
im gonna get fucking heart burn
(bring Advil to school thx)

mia thermopolis 👸🏼
cleo. calm ur tits.
it'll be fine & just think abt all of the
fun things we get to do!
like the senior trip, prom, graduation!

naur cleo 🧜🏼‍♀️
easy for u to say
u know exactly what u want to do
& where u want to go
me? i have no idea :/

mia thermopolis 👸🏼
it's 6:30 am
it's too early for u to have an existential crisis
just get dressed & drive over to my house 😌

naur cleo 🧜🏼‍♀️
okay okay im coming
mia thermopolis 👸🏼 loved a message!

Mia claims she's afraid of driving vehicles that run on gas to which I always respond with 'Why not get an electric car?' to which she responds with 'Too expensive,' yet she always rides in my car that is run on gas. So, my main suspicion as to why she doesn't have her license isn't that she's afraid of the gas, but because she'd rather have me drive her around New York which I don't blame her— I'm kind of the best.

Me on the other hand, I got my license the day I turned 16. I longed for the freedom of being able to go anywhere I want. I was never one to get tied down which Mia says will lead into a commitment issue with my future significant other, but I like to think of the positives. I've also never been in a relationship to put that hypothesis to the test, but I've been rocking with her for ten years, so my commitment can't be that bad.

I get up from my bed and walk to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, wash my face, brush my hair, and put on my makeup. After freshly curled lashes, black winged eyeliner, and a cute coat of shiny lip gloss, I walk back into my bedroom to get changed.

I scan my closet for my school uniform— a red plaid skirt, white button up, and a black blazer. I am so excited for school! Did that sound believable? I'm working on my attitude so I'm prepared when Mia barfs her entire 'Senior School Spirit' on me once she gets in my car.

Once my clothes are on, followed by a quick glance in the mirror and the gathering of all of my school supplies, I run downstairs so as to not be late. Mia would kill me if I were late.

"Mom! I'm driving over to Mia's house now!" I yell, as I grab an apple on my way out the door.

I live with my mom and my siblings; Rue, Nina, and Calum. Mom is my rock. She's been there for our family through thick and thin— she's always there for us. Always.