𝟏𝟗. 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐬

cleo

"this looks perfect" i said grinning from cheek to cheek.

millie, sofia, amy, sadie freakin sink, and i were on the rooftop of the apartment complex. we needed an extra pair of hands so millie wanted to bring in sadie. i was so starstruck, like max is such a badass in stranger things.

you may be wondering, "cleo? why are you on the roof of your apartment complex and what are you setting up?" well, we are setting up a movie screening for me and louis tonight.

we've been hanging out so much these past six months and we've been spending the past 3 months "in like" so, i'm going to ask him to be my boyfriend! i know a lot of the time the boy asks the girl, but he is taking forever. so, i might as well do it myself. also, it's 2021 f stereotypes.

we put up fairy lights along the perimeter of the roof, a big screen and a projector, a small couch, and a fire pit that we found on the corner of the roof.

josh was with louis on set and none of us had any scenes today, so right now was the perfect time to do this.

i'm so nervous. i feel like my stomach is doing a cartwheel into the splits on a balance beam. what if he says no? then the rest of the movie is just awkward. what if this whole thing was just a prank and that he never liked me? i know that that would be a terrible and most elaborate prank ever, but what if? get those thoughts out of your brain cleo! stop it!
okay, calm down. he'll love it.

—————————-

i was on the roof doing a few finishing touches. i really hope he likes it. i heard a notification go off and i picked up my phone from the couch i had rested it on. it was a text from millie, "he's here!"

oh my god. i felt my heart race. my chest started going up and down. he's an amazing person and he'll love it, but there's always some fear that goes along with these things.

i decided to text him to come up here instead of going down to get him.

louis 🌞

cleo
r u back from set??

louis
yea i just got back
what's up :))

ugh the little smiley faces. butterflies.

cleo
can u come up to the roof ?

louis
lol why
u don't plan on murdering me right

cleo
what? no!
pls just come up here tho
i have a surprise! :)

louis
ahaha okayyy

i stood by the projector turning on our favorite movie to watch together, "valentine's day". our favorite couple is the taylor swift one.

i heard the door open and i immediately turned around. i was met with a jaw dropped louis. i just stood there with a small smile on my face amongst the twinkling lights, waiting for him to say something.

he ran up to me and showered me with small kisses, separating each one with a smile. i giggled at how it tickled and we sat down on the couch together.

"this is amazing. how did you do this?" he looked at me, his face still shocked.
"all the girls helped me while you were filming. i wanted to text you so bad, but i didn't want to ruin the surprise"
"you did all of this for me? you're insanely astounding" my mouth curled into a smile and i stared at the ground, trying not to let him see the dark crimson blush spread around my cheeks.

he placed his hands around my waist and moved me from beside him to on his lap. i smiled at him. his beautiful brown eyes, his fluffy hair, his perfect skin. he is truly a sight for a sore eyes.

"hey lou" i said, my hands rested on his shoulder. he played with the ends of my hair and i lifted his chin up to meet my eyes. i paused a second before continuing my speech.

"i really really like you. and i don't know what will happen when we go back to new york and all of this is over. but what i do know is that i want to be with you. will you maybe possibly consider being my boyfriend?" i chuckled nervously waiting for a response.

he got up, me still on him. he wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. his arms were placed on the bottom of my thighs, gently holding me up. he spun around with a smile on his face. i laughed and screamed with joy. i hope this means yes.

we finally came to a stop and he set me down. i was now standing straight and looking up at the beautiful boy in front of me.

"i really like you too, cleo. i would be delighted to be your boyfriend" his angelic accent sung out the last few words and he closed the distance with a soft kiss.

his hand under my chin and mine on his cheek.
i wish this moment could last forever.

louis partridge. oh how i am infatuated by your omnipresent being and your breathtaking kisses. i could never get tired of you.
teenage love, a spectacular feeling.

A/N
ahhh they're finally boyfriend and girlfriend!
holy shit 300 reads!!! that's insane!
thank you!
(also it's harry styles's 27th birthday!!)
okay, bye!
- xx, s.a.