𝟏𝟏. 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬

i walked to louis's trailer in a hurry. i felt bad for what i did, but i thought that that was just our thing. we do mean things, we say even worse things. that's our bond. well i thought it was.

i knocked on the already open door attached to louis's trailer. he was sat in a chair in front of a vanity and was looking down at his phone. i sat down at the chair beside him, his eyes still planted on his phone.

"hey" i said staring at his side profile. he didn't respond so i just kept on talking.

"listen, i'm- i'm really sorry. i didn't mean that- i mean the wiping my mouth thing" my mouth went dry and i started to get nervous. he wasn't looking at me or anything. he must be really angry, yet i continued.

"i just- i thought this was our thing. you say something mean and then i say something mean bac-"

"well maybe i don't want that to be our thing, cleo!" his voice started to raise as his head turned to look at me. "has it ever occurred to you that this entire competition between us has been a lie; that this was all just an excuse for me to talk to you; that I've been crazy about you since freshman year? has it?" he stood up from his chair and started to walk out.

i shake my head. "louis, i didn't - i didn't know you felt that way"

"you know what? Just forget it. maybe you're right. maybe we should've just stuck to hating each other." he walked out his trailer, leaving me alone sitting in front of the vanity.

my heart began to sink and i felt a pit in my stomach. hearing those words, i felt my eyes starting to swell up. i looked in the mirror in front of me and my eyes were brimmed with tears. i tried to hold them in so no one could hear me cry, but i couldn't do it. everything flew out of me like a rushing waterfall. my chest puffed in and out as i released soft cries.

"cleo!" i heard distant voices yelling my name. i quickly wiped the tears from my face and faked a small smile as i saw sofia, millie, and amy run into the trailer.

"cleo, are you okay?" i heard millie say. as i was about to respond i felt my throat start to close and tears falling down my face. they all hugged me and i felt the warmth and love that i needed.

"how- how did you g-guys know i was in here?" my words stuttered as i sniffled between each word.

"we saw louis run out with a kind of angry face and we know you went in here after the scene, so we wanted to check up on you" amy explained.

"thank god that we did" sofia said, pulling me into another hug. "but seriously, are you okay?"

"i - i like louis. like a lot, more than a- a friend, but now that he's mad at me, he will probably never talk to me ever again. i just keep messing things up between us. but it doesn't matter because whatever i feel, he doesn't anymore. i just need to focus on the movie and- and just be done with this" i felt another wave of tears.

i wasn't crying because i was sad that he's mad at me, i was crying because i knew how much i hurt him.

mia

cleo
mia
i really need you rn
i feel like my heart just got stomped on
and i feel like a terrible person
pls help me
pls

mia
omg hey
are u ok???
what's going on???

i filled her in on everything that happened since i got here. the plane flight, the prank on the beach, the kiss, me being an absolute bitch to louis.

it felt nice to talk to her again. she's the only person that i can unload all of this to and she'll always know what to and what not to say. i would be nothing without her.

louis

cleo
louis, im so sorry
seen

pls talk to me
seen

A/N
that was major sad girl shit haha
i'm sorry if that was too dramatic
also this was kinda short, sorry!
anyways,
-xx, she