Chapter 17- We are grounders

"Jaha. Can you hear me?" Over an hour passed since Raven lost contact with Jaha. The mechanic was stressed and frustrated. "Jaha. Come on I can't look at Wells and tell him, his dad's going to suffocate to death in space. Damn it Jaha," Raven threw the mic on the table, took a second to calm herself down. Then the mechanic grabbed the mic and pressed the button on the mic again this time to contact the survivors of the Ark's reentry.

"Any survivors of the ark. please respond," Raven set the radio to replay her message. All Raven can do is sit back and wait for a response, then the mechanic heard the back door open. Out came the little brunette. "Hey Rosa. Don't you have training today?" Rosa took a seat across from the mechanic with a smile.

"I was supposed to, but Lexa needs Indra's and Anya's help."

"Can't one of your mom's train you?"

"Yeah, but my nomons are about to leave to help Lexa," Not a second later Ontari and Tati came out the back door.

"Raven, is it ok if Rosa stays with you for a little bit?"

"Yeah I'm gonna be stuck here for a while til someone answers the radio, I'm fine with some company."

"Thank you,"Ontari kissed Rosa on her head. Tati walked over and did the same. "I love you Mija," Rosa gave them both a hug.

"Ai hod you in nomons," they both give Rosa one more kiss, then leave through their back gate. "You look stressed out," Rosa said as she put her arms on the table and laid her head on her hands. The mechanic chuckled at the little girl's bluntness.

"I'm in a very stressful situation," Raven started to think about how she had to talk to Wells about his dad later. The little brunette seemed to notice the change in her behavior.

"What happened?" Raven looked back at Rosa.

"It's nothing," Rosa didn't believe her.

"My mama has a hard job. She has to tell families that they lost someone they love. Before she leaves the house to tell the family, she has this look on her face. You have the same look on your face right now."

"You're a smart kid. Chancellor Jaha has a son, his name is Wells. In 24 hours I'll have to tell Wells his dad is going to die," Rosa looked at the mechanic confused.

"Why in the next 24 hours? And where is he? Why can't you help him?"

"He's stuck up in space, there's no way of going back up in time to save him, he doesn't have more than a few days to live because there's low oxygen. As for the 24 hours, I want to try to get in contact with Jaha again. so he can give Wells The bad news himself," Raven looked at Rosa and sighed. "I'm sorry this isn't appropriate for your age."

"Actually it is appropriate. I've been born into war, it caused me to lose my birth parents and friends. This type of talking is all I hear. I'm used to it," Raven was saddened that death was normal for the little brunette.

"Rosa it won't always be like this," Rosa just nodded.

"With the help of skaikru. I hope that finally this nightmare will end. I don't want to lose my nomons, losing my parents again will hurt me too much."

"I promise you that the mountain will no longer terrorize your people, when the Ark is finally ready. they'll be able to get your people inside. If I'm going to be honest with you, you only need us to open a door then the fighting part will be easily taken care of by your people," The mechanic chuckled at the end.

"Our people. You keep saying your people to me, they're our people Raven. Lexa said it herself, the 100 are becoming Trikru. Indra makes you train everyday and you all work to help the people of Tondc," Rosa pauses for a second. "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Indra is planning on having a final test. She'll put each person of the hundred against a warrior, she doesn't expect you to win, you've only had a Month of training. All she wants to see is if you give up or not," The mechanic looked at Rosa confused.