Chapter 25 - lewd things

The week flew by actually. I sparred every day with Christina and sometimes Jillian also helped out. There wasn't that much progress yet but I started to get used to their movements and could counter rarely.

Christina didn't leave me alone for one second of the day for Aziz and Dean were always watching. I didn't care though, let them come. But alas she didn't leave my side. Not even when I went to the bathroom... Yup.

I barely saw Damian and Rayna lately, they were busy with something and I wasn't allowed to know what. It made me giggle knowing they were getting along very well and even hiding something from me. It was a development from Damian I never expected but I was happy to see him scurry around with Rayna. Maybe when they get older they'd fall in love and maybe even marry and I would live to see the day!

Leuca would return tomorrow morning and maybe... Maybe, I was counting down the hours, wishing the evening would fall quickly so I could go to bed and the morning would come soon.

The more you watch the time, the slower it goes, unfortunately. Finally, we had dinner, and afterward, Rayna asked me if she could make cookies for Damian. She wanted me to taste them beforehand. Of course, I'd help her, love goes through the stomach or something like that right? I mean Leuca loves to feed on my blood but Damian only drinks when he needs to and not when he wants just for the taste.

He did love sweets so that was the way to go! I shushed Anthony out of the kitchen as well and helped Rayna prepare and bake the cookies. They were simple chocolate chip cookies but I loved chocolate so I couldn't help but eat some dough already.

Rayna was smiling at me and asked if I liked the taste. They were great. So yeah. After we baked them we let them cool off and I cleaned up the equipment we used such as the bowls.

Rayna regularly checked up on the cookies and when they had cooled off she put some in another bowl. "Here, you can have these!" She smiled at me sweetly, "You liked them after all and helped me so this is the least I can do!"

The other cookies would be given to Damian. Such a sweet girl. I took the cookies to the room upstairs and of course, I slept in Leuca's bed. I didn't let the servant take down the linen and put on fresh ones so Leuca's scent still lingered into the duvet and the pillowcases.

And God this sounds disgusting but I fished out his dress shirts as well out of the washing bin to sleep in those. In my defense, he only wore them once so they weren't dirty. Vampires didn't sweat, but he was a neat freak. Sometimes he changes twice a day...

I could smell his cologne and it made me feel good. Safe even.

I sneaked the cookies into bed and ate them in bed as well. God if Leuca found out he'd hang me out the window. For real. He hated crumbles and other dirty things, but crumbles in his bed? Oh god no...

I ate them all, of course, I don't have that kind of restraint and I fell asleep quickly. I felt tired but I welcomed sleep.

...

When I woke up and saw it was already eight I was so happy to get out. I slept throughout the whole night.

I stripped the covers quickly, knowing someone would come to refresh them anyway. They knew that Leuca came home today so everything had to be spotless.

I ate breakfast and anxiously waited, I didn't recognize it was that bad until Lazarus called out on it during breakfast. "The huntress has hopelessly fallen in love after all." He grinned at me as he leaned forward. His elbows were on the table, which when Leuca was around was allowed.

I huffed at him and wrapped my arms over one another. Damian and Rayna were giggling together which made me raise my eyebrows at them. They just shrugged at didn't explain their laughter.