Chapter 1 - welcome "home"

Helllooo lovelies! I have been working on this second book for quite some time. Some finishing touches here and then some timeline changes there. It takes me a bit longer than expected cause I want to do it well, you know?

But, I got a request when I was going to upload this second book... It motivated me to edit the first chapter. So here you go! Enjoy!

.
.
.

It was strange to return home, to say the least. The car ride was awkward and Ryan was stressing about Liane's well-being.

I had asked him about her and how she became a spy. She had mentioned to me once that she had been a slave ever since she was a little girl.

But Ryan didn't say.

Again, he fucking didn't inform me about anything. I didn't want to make a scene right now with someone perishing in the back seat so I kept my mouth shut.

For the past months, I have been yearning to see my mother again, my siblings, and my friends from home. Nothing had changed about the hideout in the past seventeen months I had been away. Faces had matured but everything else looked the same.

But now that I stood in front of the entrance to our hideout, nerves were shooting throughout my body. We were in a hurry so I didn't have time to hesitate and I rushed after Ryan, Liane, and Benjamin who had joined us in the car ride.

He used to be a good friend of mine but even he had mentioned this Rasha which I didn't know about. Why was I being kept in the dark about certain things?

They have made quite some technical advances, like Ryan pushing a button on a remote controller and the grass would split into a huge entrance through, which the cars could all drive-through, down into the dark hole of the cave system.

At the ID registration point, I couldn't identify myself. My stuff was at the mansion and I hadn't bothered to take the time to retrieve them. But they knew my face so they would fabricate a new one for me. And Ryans's identity helped.

I'm not going on raids again so I didn't need it honestly but I wasn't going to tell Ryan that yet. I just wanted to see my mom.

Ryan was so concerned about Liane as they rushed towards the stairs that led down that he didn't notice me halting my steps.

I hesitated for a moment to go to my house and mom, but then my hand went to my stomach and I remembered I can never be selfish again. I needed to meet that Rasha, the witch, and set my plan in motion.

Our system here was divided into floors, the first was mostly houses and a giant meeting area with some stands, shops, and those with an office or working practice. The second floor was training halls and for classes. Then down to the third is where those higher in the hierarchy lived.

We had already passed the second one so this Rasha chick lived with those higher in the hierarchy. Like Ryan does too.

The houses here weren't mushed together and were a tad larger as well. We were rushing still until we finally reached a small cottage-like house. Ryan didn't even knock on the wooden door but instead rushed right in while yelling for Rasha to help.

A tanned woman appeared with her black hair in a ponytail. She had big brown eyes and wore slight makeup around her eyes. She wore much jewelry around her hands and had tattoos over her arms with strange markings. "Bring her on the table!" Rasha beckoned us to come in and inside was stranger than I could imagine.

It wasn't small inside but hella big, fucking magic. I didn't have time to toggle around and focused on Liane who by now was unconscious. Benjamin held her arm to Rasha who inspected it quickly.