Chapter 27 - crazy sparkles

Long chapter ahead (4000+), and barely edited but it is something :). Sorry not sorry.

Riley's pov

Many days we have been planning and scheming our attack on the place I grew up in.

Damian didn't like it at all, he didn't want me to go there and fight. He did declare he would also come but both a scolding from Leuca and I kept him at bay.

Today we had a day off and it started in the dining hall for breakfast with unexpected females sitting at the table also.

I walked in with Damian and Rayna behind me and saw Leuca and all his siblings sitting at the table. They never came for such things as breakfast.

I rarely saw him do it but Damian hissed upon seeing them. Someone got some vamp DNA. He was shushed by Leuca but Damian's anger couldn't control him from keeping his glowing eyes back. "Please sit down," Leuca asked as he gestured to the empty chairs.

I nodded at Lazarus and Amalia as a quick greeting but avoided eye contact with Abigail and Bailey. The surroundings felt so awkward and it felt heavy on my shoulders. "I talked with my sisters and heard them out and asked them to start over. Riley, will you please start over with them as well?" Leuca asked and before I answered he continued, "Obviously any aggression towards you will be reprimanded and vice versa, we are family now and we should act like it."

"Family don't put mom in a ditch." Damian spat. Wow, he's starting to grow serious balls.

I shushed him as well which made him groan and complain to Rayna, who just giggled and shushed him as well. I looked at Abigail and Bailey, "well... I don't think it will be that easy just to start over but I'm willing to give it a try." I kept my son in my mind for this.

I don't have the energy to fight every day anymore, I just want a happy life and spend it with my loved ones. I just need to fight one more time to get my mother and siblings here and then I can live happily ever after.

It still was awkward but we tried to have a normal conversation. Damian had calmed down as well but I didn't doubt he was reading their mind every second. I even caught him raising his eyebrows at one time which made me scold him, I know my child better than anyone else.

"So what is your family like?" Bailey asked and I didn't know she was talking to me until she kept looking at me.

I quickly swallowed my food and told them about my siblings. I told them I was the oldest and the sibling that came after me had passed but that that's where Damian's name comes from. Then there are the twin girls, Willow and Dani, and after them comes Ruth. And then Theo and Henry were born separately.

I couldn't stop talking about their annoying quirks but also our rambunctious adventures and such. "And they are going to live here? I don't think we'll have space so I guess we'll need to move." She joked which made me laugh.

It was a start at least, but I saw Leuca's ease from the corner of my eyes so that settled me as well. It made me glad he was pleased as well.

The remainder of the day Leuca and I spend it with the kids. I didn't need to spar today, we could just relax together. Rayna and Damian were coloring while I had picked up painting again and Leuca was doing whatever on his laptop. "Look, Dad, I drew us!" I heard Damian call Leuca over.

He muttered something along annoying human genes making his son want to color.

With a small sigh, he complied and came over to watch. He complimented Rayna on her flowers but kept silent when he looked at Damian's drawing. "Who's this?" I heard him ask which sparked my curiosity.