Chapter 17 - go slow... or dont.

"Drink that cup," Leuca ordered.

Damian had tears in his eyes and shook his head. I could only watch my son struggle with his blood lust.

"You need to get familiar with the scent and taste, so when you get it fresh you hopefully can control it better." Leuca tried teaching Damian to control his bloodlust.

But unlike the first time, every session he invited me so I also could keep an eye on Damian. I knew best when he loses control after all.

He didn't always lose control when drinking blood from a cup. It was when his body felt the hunger arise, that's when he loses control. If his body doesn't crave blood, he can drink it without losing control. From a cup that is.

We tried it on me and he went mad a few days ago. Leuca was there to stop him, so everything was fine but Damian didn't want to use me anymore. He didn't want the same to happen to me as what happened to those girls.

Though he also didn't want to use innocent girls which he could freely hurt. At least his father wouldn't ever let him put a scratch on me, that idea consulted him at the same time.

But now he also has trouble drinking three cups a day and every time it was another fight. "Come on, drink it." I sighed, I wanted to take a bath.

I had to prepare our bags for the trip tomorrow. We were going camping! Leuca was also coming, surprisingly. But we had to get Damian drinking a lot of blood so he won't go loco during the trip.

So... He was on his fifth cup today.

Just one more and he can go to bed. "It's enough!" He slammed his hands on the table and was about to get up which made Leuca push him back into his chair by grabbing his shoulder. "Try me."

Damian gulped and sat back down. I also walked up to him and grabbed the cup and held it in front of him. "Drink so we can go to bed yeah?" I glanced at the clock, it was way past bedtime. "I'm not going to count, man up and drink."

I used a bit more of my stern voice so hesitantly he grabbed it and continued to stare at the blood. He closed his eyes and downed the cup in one go.

I praised him and wiped away the tears. I had tucked him in and purposely stayed with him for a little, which his father didn't approve of. Damian hadn't acted well after all.

He didn't understand Damian's struggle. Even though he looked like a full vampire, he did have a human mother and thus human blood in his genes. Drinking it felt wrong to him

After I had tucked him in both Leuca and I walked back to his and my room. I was about to enter my room but instead, he grabbed my hand. "Sleep with me tonight." He wasn't asking but rather demanding it.

"I wanted-"

"To take it slow, I know. I won't do anything you don't want. Just stay with me." He softly tugged at my arm so I would walk with him. "Please?"

"Okay..." I nodded and let him pull me to his room. "I do have to pack for tomorrow."

"You can do that tomorrow morning." He said after he closed the door after him so it was just us in his room. "I just want it to be us tonight." He walked up to me and softly caressed my cheek.

I leaned into his touch which pleased him. "It still feels surreal to me, to have you back in my presence after almost four fucking years." He whispered.

"Language!" I playfully slapped his shoulder while I laughed.

He looked at the spot I had slapped him and then looked back at me. His piercing blue eyes still captivated me, so full of depth. "I can't believe I let you slap me and sacrifice myself to go camping."