Chapter 10 - fatherhood

Leuca's POV

I finally found her. After more than three years of feeling empty without her presence around me, I found her. Granted, she wasn't the feisty blonde anymore but rather a brunette mother.

Of our child.

I was a father?

The resemblance was clear as day, he had his mother's eyes but aside from that Damian was a spitting image of me. Good genes and all.

She lived in a tiny apartment but the photos of her and the girl Aria, others, and Damian hanging and standing around meant she had found a good place. For a human, Micah's territory was great. Optimal living conditions.

It angers me when she declared she wasn't going back with me willingly. I understood though, this was a haven for her.

I was able to smell her fear, she hadn't expected me to find her.

But now that I finally have her in my grasp again, there is no way I can let her go. Just her scent is driving me nuts.

She lured me to the diner she worked at. She spoke so proud of the place and even while working she seemed to enjoy it. She smiled, honestly. Though some were eying her with different intentions, it was fun to see my son being protective of his mother when a male dared to offer her a drink.

My son, Damian.

He was strong-willed, physically strong, smart, and in my eyes already a worthy vampire. Maybe with some intense training, he could one day take over from me. When I would be ready of course.

But these territories influence had a different effect on him. He didn't share the same opinions as me, he valued human life. And not just for their blood.

He didn't even drink their blood, only when he had to so he survived. Animal blood isn't sufficient for our cells, we need human blood to replenish our cells and produce energy. And as you might guess a vampire needs a lot of energy.

My son had the nerves to lecture me about how I had treated his mother in the past. Why did Riley even tell him all of that? His son was judging him, he didn't agree with any of his laws.

But seeing a vampire, his child with his superior blood flowing through him bust tables and serve humans and vampires made his blood boil.

Riley had declared this place her home and even called these people her family. What about her hunter family? She even ran from them, though she had no choice. She ran for the same reason she ran from me.

I wouldn't have cared about our child being a human or a vampire. Amalia too was mostly human.

I had to talk to her privately. So while she worked I would work as well.

My presence here didn't go unnoticed so I already had received calls from Micah's underlings demanding an explanation. They asked if I was trying to take over Micah's territory. I had enough space as it is, but I explained about a female that needed to come home with me and that I wouldn't meddle with any other affairs here.

While the staff was drinking together I noticed a sneaky child nosing from behind me. "Curious are you?" I spoke up and chuckled.

I scooted over and patted the seat beside me, both Wyatt and Christina looked curiously at me. But they know I always have favored family. Maybe Damian doesn't trust me yet but I would want him to grow closer to me over time. Right now he wouldn't accept me as a father figure, his mother has taken both roles of that.

But I know vampires' children can be a hand full, he needs a vampire in his life to raise him. To teach him what is acceptable and what isn't. I doubt these vampires surrounding Riley can truly handle Damian.