Chapter 3 - Gil's

Oops, while editing this chapter I realized it had over 4000 words, oh well. Hope you enjoy it. I'd love it if a reader leaves alike or just a simple comment, it motivated a lot more to start editing and writing.

I spend the whole day with my siblings and mom. I braided Willow and Dani's hair to teach Ruth different techniques. I also let them knot my hair, yes knot, it wasn't exactly braiding.

Theo and Henry didn't like the girly stuff so I sparred a little with them. They're ten and eight now but I'm still ten years older so even both of them didn't get me down. I helped them with their stance and form.

Henry said he would join the academy and train like me. I saw my mother look gloomy as he said that. I guess he has been spouting it for a while now.

As a big sister, it was my responsibility to tell him about the dangers and Damian. I didn't want Henry to end up like Damian. He still seemed adamant but he said he would be much more careful and help humanity be free once again.

I told Theo to look after his little brother and help mom a little out as well. Willow and Dani helped around the house already so I didn't need to pep talk them or anything.

Ruth was a smart little thing, only twelve but aside from mom, she knew something was off and had tugged at my sleeve. "Are you leaving again?" She asked teary-eyed.

I placed my hand on her blond hair and nodded, "yes, just for a little while. I need some time for myself." I felt like that was quite right, just go out there and be on my own. I don't see myself raiding anymore, not being a pet at someone's side. I want my own life, I can have that right?

They didn't like I was leaving, I knew but for now, that's what I needed. So I also had dinner with them, helped mom around the kitchen, and cleaned up afterward.

I said goodbye to the youngest who had to prepare to go to bed. Mom had asked the girls to help Theo and Henry to bed and make sure they brushed their teeth with little toothpaste. She didn't have much anymore.

Now that mom and I were together she helped me grab a bag with some baby toys and clothes. Also a few stale pieces of bread and a small container with a little bit of her homemade goat butter. Better than nothing I guess.

I had grabbed two silver knives, just in case, from my collection. "Take care sweetie, please be careful. And if it's not you know, then you come back right?" She asked while we were parting at the doorway.

I pulled her into a hug and hummed. Though maybe if I find a suitable place I could get them out of here, my eyes had truly been opened. Maybe living her was safe but it wasn't anywhere near being free. "I love you, mom."

"I love you too, god, how I'm going to miss you." She started crying which made me cry.

I pulled back and told her not to cry or I wouldn't be able to stop either. I told her I was going to be just fine. I couldn't stay for much longer and gave her a goodbye kiss and then pulled the backpack straps over my shoulders so it was secured tightly.

Luckily mom had saved all my clothes so I could wear my loose green trousers with large pockets at the sides. Oh, how Leuca would turn in his grave knowing I wore these. Also some white comfy sneakers and a loose t-shirt. It still was cold outside so I had also pulled a leather jacket on and leather gloves.

And not to forget my beanie to keep my ears warm as well. I waved to her and made my way towards the exit. Oh boy, here we go.

I was stopped to show the ID I still didn't have. "I'm just going for a quick stroll and I'll be back in a few hours."