♠ 16

"Nandini, listen to me.. I won't tolerate anything against my wife. Don't you dare talk about her like that, I know her very well. My Nandini can't never do anything like that, never ever.."

Both Manik and Nandini are on their way to their house

Both Manik and Nandini are on their way to their house. They were passing through a deserted route. Cold winds are blowing and it's dark and silent all around. Manik is holding Nandini's hand.

Both are walking when Manik stops in between. "What happened Manik?" Nandini asked.

"I think someone is following us, Nandini.." Manik said looking around.  Nandini too looks around when Manik feels dizzy.

Manik holds his head. Nandini sees him and gets worried. "Manik.. what happened? Are you fine.."

"I don't..know what's happening.. I'm feeling dizziness.. ever-everything is just looking so.. blurry.." Manik held his head. Nandini made Manik sat nearby.

"It's ok.. we will wait here for a while till you feel better.." Nandini said bending to him.

"No Nandini.. you must be sc-scared.. We have to go home.. and it's not sa-safe here.. It's just a few st-steps away.." Manik said trying to keep his eyes open.

"But Manik, look at yourself.. You can't walk.." Nandini said rubbing his back.

"You will fe-feel scared here.. It's too dar-dark already..." Manik said holding his head due to pain.

"Go to hell with my fears Manik! Just look at yourself first.. I don't know what to do.." Nandini said worrying.

"I'm.. feeling better now Na-Nandini.. Let's go.. Please.." Manik said getting up.

Nandini held him. "Are you sure Manik? We can wait! Don't worry about me.."

"Nandini please... I can't argue with you.. right now. Just come... I don't want you to.. get scared again and..." Before Manik can say anything further an arrow came from nowhere and directly hit his chest.

"MANIK!" Nandini yelled Manik's name who fell on the floor.

Nandini then saw a group of 4-5 man approaching her. She quickly takes out her dagger and points at them. "Don't you dare take a step further!"

"We don't want anything from you. We are just checking is he dead or not!" One of the man said only to receive an death glare from Nandini.

The man is approaching Manik, but before he can touch him, Nandini stabbed him. "Don't you dare!" She said with anger in her eyes.

The other four men attacked her. Nandini kicked one of the soldier who fell down and got hit by a rock. She stabbed the other one.

One of the two men who are left now, hold Nandini hostage. He put his knife on her neck making a cut there due to which Nandini whinced in pain. Manik who is half conscious is watching this but wasn't able to get up. "Na-Nandi-ni.."