♠ 41

"I want to fight for you Manik, not with you.."

The next day both of them ignores each other. Even if wanting to talk they hesitate in doing so and keep ignoring each other.

Nandini is upset with Manik but didn't show that to him. She's with Gauri in the garden watching Gaurav playing with birds.

"Why don't you apologize to him princess?" Gauri said.

"Why always me? Whenever we had a fight it's always me who asks for forgiveness.. He never approaches and takes a step forward. I am not going to apologize this time.. I agree that I say things to him that hurted him but he too said which hurted me but he won't come to me.. But just waiting for me to come and ask a sorry.. This time I am not going to ask for forgiveness.. I won't forgive him easily this time..." Nandini replies.

Gauri smiles at her. "No matter what you say.. But I know if he will ask for forgiveness na then you won't take a minute to forgive him. I can see how badly you miss him.."

"Nothing like that going to happen... You are just saying.." Nandini said but somewhere inside she knows if Manik apologizes her even for once, then she's going to hug him tight.

After a while Nandini enters her room to see the room in darkness. Who closed the curtains in the daytime itself. She takes a step inside when the door gets locked. "Who's there" She said gripping at her dagger tied on her waist.

Nandini then looks here and there but to find no one. Just then she feels someone behind her and she kicked him and that person fell down hitting the table.

Nandini quickly opens the curtains to get shocked to see Manik. "Manik?"

"Oww Nandini.. You kicked me so hard.." Manik said holding his shoulder.

Nandini moves to him tieing her dagger back on her waist. "Then you sneaked here like a thief?" She said and started leaving.

"Nandini.." He calls her out which makes her stop in her way.

"I am sorry..." He said in a low voice. His words make a small smile on her face.

Nandini turns to him. "For what?"

"For everything.. I am sorry I didn't mean to say all that. But you just angered me more and I hurted you.. Sorry.." Manik said taking steps towards her.

"You always hurt me Manik.." She said when a lone tear escapes her eyes.

"I am sorry.. I know I am a monster but I promise I won't do that again.. I know I have said so much about your family which hurted you but I don't want to hurt you Nandini.. I should have not said all that to you and dragged that topic.. Will you forgive me?" Manik asked looking in her eyes.