♠ 28

"Shayad ise hi mohabbat ka ehsaas khte hai..."

"Meera

"Meera.." Nandini replied. "Yes, Meera was her name. Do you know her? And why you have her painting? Who's she?"

Nandini asked him a lots of question but Manik stays silent not knowing what to tell her.

"Say na Manik..." Nandini asked.

"Nandini.. Can we talk about it tomorrow. My head is aching badly.." Manik lied to avoid her question.

"Why didn't you tell me about it before Manik, wait I'll just give you a massage.." Nandini said getting up from the bed.

"No Nandini, it will go on its own if I'll sleep.. You just sleep and don't worry" Manik said.

"It's ok. I'm not feeling sleepy.. Let me give you a massage, you will feel better.. Just lie down and close your eyes.." Nandini said moving behind Manik.

Nandini then slowly with soft hands massages his head for few minutes. "Are you feeling better now.."

But she didn't get any reply in return. She sees that Manik has already fallen asleep. She smiles seeing him and gives a small peck on his forehead.

Nandini then moves out of her room because she isn't feeling sleepy. She sees Manav and Gauri sitting in the garden holding each other hands and talking. She smiles seeing them. I wish we could be same like them Manik.

After sometime, Nandini moves to her room to see Manik sleeping peacefully. She entwines her fingers with him. "I don't know Manik, what's this feeling.. I get whenever I'm around you. Everything just feels so good and so beautiful whenever you are with me. It feels like I'm the most happiest around. And I know it's not just friendship.. It's something more. Maybe it's love.. Maybe I have fallen for you Manik. I just don't know what's happening, but I'm really enjoying it.. I guess this is what we called as love. Shayad ise hi mohabbat ka ehsaas khte hai...

Nandini then kisses his hand softly and sleeps holding his hand.

Manik then opens her eyes to see Nandini sleeping. You should not have fallen for me Nandini... It's not right for you, for us.. I'm sorry but I can't love you back. I'm sorry for breaking your heart but I have to do it before your feelings get strong for me.. I'm sorry for what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Manik then closes his eyes which are moist. He then slightly pecks Nandini and sleeps mouthing a sorry to her.

Next morning, Nandini wakes up to see Manik wasn't lying besides her. She gets up to see Manik standing in front of the mirror getting ready. She smiles seeing him. "Where are you going in the early morning?"