♠ 37

"I know and I'm doing this to change your I'm scared to I was scared.."

Manik gets shocked and worried at the sametime seeing Nandini devastated and quickly hugs her tight while she keeps crying

"Nandini what happened? Why are you crying and where were you since morning?" Manik asked breaking the hug but Nandini keeps crying. "I am sorry... I am.. so sorry..." She said between her sobs.

"Acha..ok. I am sorry, i should not act so much rude to you.. Now don't cry Nandini. I am not angry at you anymore, fine...but stop crying please. Look at you, what mess you have made yourself.. Just don't cry.." Manik said rubbing her back to calm her down and console her.

Manik then realises she has fallen asleep. He then picks her in his arms and makes her lay down on the bed and lies besides her. That's impossible if she was crying this much because I'm mad at her. There's something else, I guess.. I need to ask her in the morning when she wakes up. Don't know where she was.. She looks so tired. Manik then sleeps besides her.

Next morning, Nandini wakes up to see Manik sleeping holding his hand. She smiles and then leaves to get ready.

Manik after sometime sees Nandini doing her pooja. He smiles seeing at her. "Nandini..." He calls her name out.

Nandini turns to see him. "Yes.. Do you want something?"

"No.. I mean yes. I want to ask you that why were you crying so badly yesterday? And where did you went alone without telling anyone?" Manik asked.

"Manik, you first get ready then I'll tell you everything..." Nandini said keeping the pooja plate.

Manik nods and leaves for getting ready. After a while when he comes back, he sees no one in the room. He then sees a piece of letter kept on the table. He opens and reads it, 'Come to the hall, everyone is waiting for us. I'll tell you everything with all the family'

Manik quickly gets ready and leaves for the Hall to see everyone waiting for him.

"Now Manik is here too beta, say now what do you want to say.." Rajeshwari said.

"Yes Nandini please tell.." Manik asked.

"You asked me to choose between you and bhai sa na.. I have chosen today.." Nandini said while Manik is shocked.

Manik has developed a strange fear inside him. What if he chooses him over his bhai sa? Will she let his brother die by his own hands. And what if she chooses Naman over him? Will she leave him then forever? These thoughts were roaming in his head with a fear of losing Nandini.

"Bhai sa, what happened?" Manav asked to Manik to which he just shakes his head in a no. "Everything will be fine.."

"I'm sorry Manik..." Nandini said.