Chapter 14 - The Existential Crisis

"Shut up Mr. Carter and show me my room"

I turned around with a poker face not giving away any hint of emotion.

"Language Mrs. Carter or you might..."
He warned moving away from me.

"Face the consequences?"

He cleared his throat and spoke again

"Glad you are aware now don't fash yourself, I'll show you the room"

"I swear sometimes you sound just like a grandma" I muttered under my breath.

"Did you say something?"

"No, nothing"

"Wait! won't Ms. Hattie find it weird that we will live in separate bedrooms?"

"I have informed her about the necessary living conditions ... "

"Wait, you told her about the contract?!" I interrupted.

"Let me finish next time you decide to interrupt and no of course not, all she knows is that both of us value each other's privacy"

"She didn't say anything? "

He was lost in thoughts for a second but then replied.

"She muttered something along the lines of how the generation these days are weird"

"Not gonna lie, she is right on point!"

He finally decided to show me my room and which by the way might I mention was right beside his, we might as well just stay in the same room.

"Why can't I live across the hall, you have many spare rooms I'm sure" I questioned not quite happy with this arrangement.

"You're my wife and that ends the conversation"

and without a word he just left and closed the door to his room behind him.

What an ass hat!

My hands were very hesitant but I managed to push the door open.
I was pleasantly surprised by the interior of my room, it was cozy and was filled with classic tones of white and grey.

If I thought the room was amazing, the bathroom had me weak at my knees.

"Never have I ever seen a bathroom so big and so sleek"

There were 5 different types of shower jets, an entire wall was made of glass and overlooked a forest. Maybe Mr. Carter's fan girls could take a peek at him in the shower considering the glass wall leaves little to imagine, but I soon discovered a button that blurred the glass in a second and then everything made sense.

How unfortunate for those pervy fan girls !

I wondered if he bathed without pressing the button but before my thoughts could go to a place I can't unsee, I dismissed them.

A huge bath tub was placed overlooking the glass with two beautiful sinks and all of them had rose gold coloured taps, the classic and modern vibes were a strong stand out.

I finally got out of the wedding dress and it struck me like a hammer that I had no clothes whatsoever, to change into,

I hadn't moved out of my apartment yet and since this stupid wedding took place so fast, I forgot about my clothes...

I walked out into the closet and it was absolutely empty and then my eyes fell onto the bed where a pair of pyjamas with a strawberry pattern on them were lying.

Ms. Hattie!!!
Thank you sooo much!!
She saved me from being stuck in this wedding dress for the rest of the day!

I ready to hit the bed in my cozy pyjamas.