chapter 2- The Harmful Proposition

Life is a sick joke and it never fails to exhaust you with its dark humor and twisted sense of games and right now I was the VICTIM.

Why is my luck so bad?,
Before my interview even started I knew I was doomed.

God please help stupid me!

I walked in trying not to trip over myself because the coincidence of the guy in the elevator being the CEO is making my head lightweighted.

Don't worry
You got this
Just pretend it never happened

Trying not to let my jaw hit the ground or ending up drowning in embarrassment, I took a seat with my heart hammering inside my chest ,so hard that I felt like it would fall on to the ground any second now and beat around like a fish out of water.

Now that i see him in proper lighting, he looks even better with his wavy chocolate brown hair which looked perfectly like waves in the ocean,

his eyes were a shade of green that looked like the entire amazon forest resided in them and his lips looked like he could wake every beauty out of her sleep and she would be glad to forego it for him.

Oh and those cheekbones damnnn..

" Ms.Sapphire is it?" he asked, finally lifting his head to look at me, recognition flashed in his eyes for a moment but was soon replaced by amusement and a smirk made its way to his chiselled face.

"Y.. Yes Sir" I replied, trying to look as calm as a carrot and sounding as sweet as honey.

Or atleast I think I did.

"Tell me a little about yourself Ms.Sapphire?" He asked cocking his head slightly to the right with his smirk never leaving and his eyes had a strange gleam to them, like he just caught a deer in his headlights.

Here goes my practised intro that i had tried and perfected to the best of my abilities.

"
I've always been interested in managerial tasks and I spent my last two years in a start up company preparing myself to work in multinational companies for when I graduated. I looked for internships and extracurricular opportunities that would expose me to various secretarial duties, and I'm excited to continue on that path. I've been told that I'm particularly good at writing minutes , and I love pitching suggestions to make work easier, but I really want to learn every aspect of this business from the ground up. I'd like to work in a corporate company rather than in an agency, and I'm especially interested in new projects, so I'm particularly excited about this opportunity."

" I see very excited I take it then?" He said examining my reaction.

"Of course ,Mr.Carter your company has been ranked as one of the top companies in this industry and it would be an honour working for you" I said with my most professionally sincere look.

" Indeed, so when should we set the date?" he said but this time his face was completely serious and i could not decipher a single emotion.

Hopefully he's asking me what i think he's asking me.

"Of employment Mr.Carter?"

"Of our engagement of course" he said with the glint returning to his eyes.

*Cough
*COUGH
*Cough

I choked on my own spit great!!
And just when i thought this creature could be all civil and let it go, Ofcourse he didn't.

He pushed a glass on his table forward urging me to drink the water and I reluctantly obliged or I would probably be the first woman sent to the emergency room for choking on her spit.