Chapter 6-The Unexpected Confrontation

"Care to explain Mr.Carter? " I said pointing out to the shirt.

He just blinked and completely ignored me.

The nerve of this man

"Here you go sweety" said Ms.Hattie placing my breakfast on the table.

I quickly thanked her and took a seat, as soon as she was out of ear shot again, it was questioning time.

"Did something happen last night?"I hissed at him.

"Like what?" He deadpanned.

"Like did we, did we ?" I said moving my index finger between us back and forth.

"Is there a problem with communicating with words?, did we what?"

I was getting aggravated, he was pushing my buttons on purpose, he knew exactly what I meant.

"Did we do it?" I said with hope gleaming in my eyes that he would deny it.

"Whatever do you mean by it, Ms. Sapphire ?" he questioned, I could see a shameless smirk on his face, like he was challenging me.

I facepalmed myself internally, I didn't know why I was so nervous to ask him about it directly.

"I meant did we have..s"

*ding dong

"Just hold on to that" he said while getting up from his chair to answer the door.

For two complete minutes it was extremely silent, Ms.Hattie was nowhere in sight.

I was growing curious,

what was taking him so long?

I tiptoed towards the living room for no particular reason at all. I peeked from behind a huge vase, my eyes turned into the size of saucers.

Why is she here?
Oh, no !
This can't be good.....

Things are just getting worse!

When I saw who was standing behind her, my heart dropped to the floor with my jaw. Avery was at the door with a bunch of policemen who were currently interrogating Mr.Carter.
I pushed my head farthest without blowing my cover but all I could hear were muffled noises and nothing I could make sense off.

Just a little more further

little more..

Crap

Unknowingly I tilted the vase over but I caught it just in time,

Whew dodged a bullet there..
Or should I say vase

I tried placing it back, the weight was too much and before I knew it, I was on the ground with a vase on top of me, crushing any remaining bones, the fall might have missed.

I cried in pain and sure enough all eyes were on me.

"My god!, Ivy are you okay?" said a familiar female voice.

My eyes were blurred with tears while my head was drowning in pain.

Strong arms hoisted me up after the stupid vase was taken away.

I stood up all shaken up by the fall, arms went around me and hugged me tight.

"Thank god, you're okay!, I would never forgive myself if something happened to you"

"I'm fine Avery, calm down"

"Don't tell me to calm down! , I was worried sick all night after your scream !"