Chapter 17- The Conundrum of Misunderstandings

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING? " He whisper yelled at me.

Shit......

I had no idea what to say....

"I ......"

"I............."

I suddenly felt too overwhelmed to speak, my ankle was killing me and my mind blanked out.

"In my office, now!" he ordered, walking to his office with loud steps.

I limped towards his office and it took me a considerable amount of minutes to get to it, noone in his majestic office offered to help.

I took a deep breath in before I opened the door and with a sheepish smile plastered on my face, I decided to face him head on.

He was leaning back on his desk, his fingers pinching his nose in frustration whilst his dark immaculate eyebrows furrowed.

"Mrs. Carter.." he said in a low growl.

Not only was I hungover, I also cut off his expensive clothes and managed to look homeless at the same time.

"I actually don't have any cl.."

He cut me off and bridged the distance between us, he placed his index finger on my lips, his eyes captured mine and dared me to look away.

"Not another word" he warned.

I didn't know if I was scared or if it was just the presence of him, that brought my heart to beat at such dangerous rhytms.

But then again my heart beat picked up a notch everytime he was close ...

"Is this your attempt to embarrass me at my own company?"

"What?"

"Don't play innocent, I know you don't love this arragement, I did give you a chance to leave all this behind but you refused, so I thought maybe she's not that bad after all, but you had to go and prove me wrong, yet again"

What is he talking about?
Embarrass him?
He thought I wasn't bad after all? So, he thought I was bad before?

My mind was muddled with all these thoughts, I was desperately trying to make sense of what he was saying.

"No reply? See I was right, you need to remember that your my wife now and you must carry yourself as such"

Before he could add in a few more jibes about me or my behaviour, his phone rang and he yanked it out of his pocket but just before he hit the decline button, I saw something twinkle in his eyes.

Was someone special calling him?
Is it that tall secretary girl?

He stormed off making sure to slam the door, on his way out.

What just happened?
Is he still hungover?

I didn't know what to feel, I felt a mixture of anger, guilt and frustration.

Though on the plus side, I was relieved to know that he forgot about me being an entire hour late.

I knew we had a misunderstanding and I had to clear it up.

I was just left there standing awkwardly looking at his office.

Without much further thought, I decided to limp all the way to his majestic leather chair right behind the spotless glass desk.

As I set out on my journey, a hand appeared out of nowhere and blocked my way.

His tall secretary was glaring at me, she wasn't pleased at all and her plump lips turned into an ugly frown.