Chapter 12- The I Do Dillema

My heart was hammering in my chest and I ran.

I left him standing there alone at the alter and I ran for my life.

With every step I was growing closer to freedom and the weight on my shoulders became lighter and lighter until I was shaking.

Shaking?

Mr.Carter shook my arm and brought me crashing down to reality. I was standing right there beside him.

I had 5 more seconds and the way his eyes were looking at me ,I was sure I was very close to being eaten alive ,RAW.

I knew he gave me cannibal vibes!!

"Ms.Sapphire?"
The priest looked at me with concern.

"Do you, Ivy, take Leonal to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

The air was so tense and time stood almost too still.

His eyes were glaring at me and my knees started shaking.

My sweat was dripping like little pearls onto the ground.

"I object to this wedding!!!"

WHO THE H...?!?

Danny stood there heaving and shook a file in the air.

"I found them!"

"Excuse me ,sir ,you can not be interrupting a wedding ceremony! "
The priest chided.

The few people that were present at the wedding and some even half asleep , were all ears now, even excited almost.

Mr.Carter called the security but Danny had time before they could get a hold of him.

He ran towards the alter with fervent purpose and turned towards the audience and announced.

"She's being forced! ,it is a fake marriage, she doesn't love him and I have the contract to prove it" he shuffled through the file and held it towards the priest.

WAIT !
WHAT THE ?!??+?+
HOW DOES HE KNOW??!
AGAHDYDUE!!!!

There were loud audible gasps from the audience, a few even started recording.

"Hey!!!, stop recording lady!!" Avery yelled at a woman who was most probably Mr.Carter's relative.

ill manners are hereditary ,I see

The priest read the contract and I felt dizzy from all the sudden drama.

Avery came up to support me.

Mr.Carter's security guards caught Danny and were pulling him away.

"Wait ,wait, why aren't you saying anything " he shouted directed towards the priest.

The priest looked at him dead in the eye and said. "These are the Carter &co deal papers about a business amalgamation and not a marriage
contract "

Danny looked like he just died on the inside.

"It's not possible!?!?! ,I had them!!!!!!" He looked almost broken.

"Ivy ,don't do this ,you're better than this ,please!!!!!" He yelled at the top of his voice ,while he was dragged away by the guards. His voice rang deep inside my heart.

Am I really better than this?......

"Sorry for the disturbance , you may continue " Mr.Carter apologised to the priest who looked like he was so done with officiating marriages.