Chapter 8-The Glistening Sapphire

Shout out to these beautiful souls for their constant support @Hennessy1234,jul123ju, AyaanAhmed4tanishqa_.

*******

He was growing closer and closer every second ,my heart was hammering inside at an extremely rapid speed

He pulled me flush against his body, the world beside seemed to blur but he was somehow magnified.

"You know?"

I wanted to push him away but somewhere deep inside, I desired to pull him more closer

"Mmm?"I replied.

"Do you want to learn?"he asked in a rough whisper.

Say no, no, no!!!

"Yes" I whispered back, so softly, I wasn't sure, if I heard.

The back of his hand trailed up my arm sending shivers to unknown places, green globes of forest were intently staring into mine , soft light reflecting off of them , you could almost see minuscule leaves.

His lips were in close proximity to mine, just a mere centimeter away. Unbeknownst to me, my eyes flew shut and anticipation was in the air.

A minute passed. I opened my eyes swiftly while realization dawned upon my stupid brain.

Sure enough Mr.Carter was smirking down at me, his body hadn't moved an inch but his head was inches away.

A huge frown made it's way onto my face.

"You looked so needy right now, it's hilarious, so much for not wanting to sleep with me"

Before my hand connected with his face in a resounding slap, he caught it mid air.

"Careful there Babe ,you're walking on thin ice , one mistake and I can destroy your whole world" he said in a dangerously low tone, jaws clenched, face taut.

My mouth opened and shut back up.

"It's your call if you want it to be rocked or wrecked" he winked.

I just stared at him with the most irritated expression ever.

He pulled away from me and grabbed my hand bringing it closer to my face , he held it gently and slid something cold along.

A ring!

What surprised me even more was the kind of ring it was. The kind I have always dreamt off.

A 10 CARAT SAPPHIRE RING.......

The sapphire glistened in the light, cut to perfection, diamonds encircling it in a heavenly cage.

"What's this?" I asked hysterically , not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

"A ring " he deadpanned.

"But why?"

"You are seriously making me doubt my choice , Ms.Sapphire" he sighed rubbing his temples together.

"It's an engagement ring" he stated while sliding it out , returning it to his pocket.

"Why did you take it back?"I asked confused.

Was this his way of mocking me ?

"That's the ring for the marriage ceremony too , I don't want to spend on two different rings for a fake wife"

Somehow spending thrice the amount on one ring made way more sense to him.

There was a knock at the door.