Chapter 7- The Dreaded Discussion

"Ivy!, Come let's go !"

He broke my chain of thoughts and I returned to the earth from the land of conclusions. Elliott skipped on the way and led me to the kitchen.

If I thought he looked good in a suit,
I was wrong

Mr.Carter was standing near the oven in an apron and shorts looking impeccable as always.

Sexy even....
I didn't know why, I felt disappointed that he wore a shirt underneath that apron...

Before I let my mind wander away more into those thoughts, Elliott enthusiastically pulled me towards the oven and tugged me down.

"He's baking a chocolate cake for me" he grinned, his eyes lighting up like two huge blubs.

He bakes?

"You bake?" I asked him, turning my head right. He just looked away and stared at the wall.

Instead Elliott jumped up excitedly and answered for him.

"Yup, he bakes the world's best chocolate cakes!"

"Really?"

"Yup and after begging him a quadrillion times, he finally agreed"

"You asked me 5 times" Mr.Carter, retorted.

Elliott just blew a raspberry at him.

Then he smiled.

Suddenly it struck me. It was the first time, I saw him smile without inhibitions, it was beautiful.

Some people look better with their mouths shut but Mr.Carter definitely made an exception, even his teeth were accurately positioned to align themselves into the most wondrous smile ever witnessed.

Elliott climbed on to the kitchen counter with rigorous effort, I give his bottom a slight push. After getting himself comfortable, he cocked his head to the side and looked like he was in deep thought.

"Ivy, are you big lord's girlfriend?"

I was stumped, I didn't want to lie to a kid but explaining the contract, is a road best not taken.

Before I could answer, Mr.Carter left me spell bound.

Suddenly all air left from my vicinity, replaced by the presence of a
scent that reminded me of a luscious green forest,

Like his forest green eyes..

Two warm lips caressed my cheek so gently that it almost felt like the wings of a butterfly fluttering against my skin leaving a sweet tingling sensation.

My body froze in place, his arm snaked around my waist pulling me to his side and strangely enough we fit, perfectly like the pieces of an estranged puzzle.

"She's going to be my wife" he smiled down at Elliott, his grip steady on my waist.

"Woah!, like mom and dad?"

So he's not his son after all

"Yes"

The alarm went off and for a split second, his grip tightened, he left me feeling strangely empty.

The smell of chocolate capsized the entire kitchen, dancing their way into my nostrils.

The man can bake

The cake slid right off the pan and he placed it on a cooling rack.

"What's the special occasion?" I asked, trying to make conversation.