Chapter 9- The Surprise Surprise

I woke up in a dark place , my hands and legs weren't tied. The place had a familiar scent ,walking around I finally found a door.

Bright colors flashed and my eyes flew shut ,I opened them back again and alot of people at once shouted "SURPRISE!".

I was so confused until my eyes landed on Avery ,at that moment everything made sense. I was a little mad but more than that , I wanted to give her a huge bear hug ,a grizzly bear one.

"You did this?" I said referring to the kidnapping.

"Nope ,it was all our doing " said Jonah and Danny removing their face masks.

"Idiots , you scared me to death!" I said clutching my chest to normalize my erratically beating heart.

"That was the goal" said Avery smiling widely.

"Now come on ,everyone's waiting!"

Avery pulled me into her living room , it was decorated with balloons and party poppers were going off every two seconds.

All my friends wished me a happy birthday ,hugs were abundant.

The cake looked cute at the center of the table. It was chocolate yet again, Avery probably chose the flavor.

It was finally time to cut the cake but just before the knife could sink into the chocolate heaven ,someone slammed the door open.

The happy birthday song stopped abruptly and everyone's eyes fell on the intruder.

My eyes fell on him ,they bulged visibly.

Why is he here at this time?!
When he left me stranded?

I looked over at Avery and sure enough a huge frown was on her face.

Mr.Carter's face didn't look that good either ,he looked like he had just seen a ghost and was more than surprised.

For the next ten seconds no one said anything ,I excused myself and pulled him out of the apartment.

"Mr.Carter ,why are you here?!"I hissed keeping my voice as low as possible.

"Ivy , are you okay?"

Ivy.....

That was the second time he said my name and for some odd reason I got goosebumps ,air seemed to have abandoned my lungs.

"I'm completely fine ,Mr.Carter? , what made you think I wasn't?"

"Nothing ,Ms.Sapphire , I'll just leave now" he said backing away shaking his head like he was trying to wrap his head around the situation.

Let him go

Let him go

Let him go

"Wait....!"

I said grabbing his hand and wrapping our fingers together ,I figured people will get to know about our wedding anyway so why not sooner.

He was taken by surprise and before he said anything I pulled him inside ,this time everyone else was surprised.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the declaration that was about to go down.

"Everyone ,this is my fiance Leonal!" there was a slight pressure alleviation in my hand , his grip tightened ,

Maybe ,me saying his name probably affected him in the same way?

There were audible gasps from most of the 30 people present.

Avery was also shook ,I didn't expect this to be so much of a surprise but I guess people were caught off guard.