Chapter 10-The Economical Dress

"Good Morning ,Ms.Sapphire " he said, so nonchalantly that I was afraid it might be the calm before a huge storm.

"Good Morning ,Mr.Carter ,what brings you here so early in the morning?"I whisper hissed ,trying to examine any small signs of anger on his face.

"It's not at all early ,it's already 8 and we're running out of time so get a move on" he stated.

"What are you even talking about?" I asked this time completely annoyed ,I was by far the most non morning person there is.

"There's no time for details ,I'll be in the car ,come down in less than 5 minutes or you're done" he said in a curt tone and walked away towards the elevator.

Someone get me a knife ! I'm about to stab this guy!

I closed the door and hurried towards the bathroom ,took a one minute shower , got into a casual striped black and white dress ,my hair was thrown into a messy braid , a bit of lip gloss to make me look sane.

"Danny I'm going ,make sure to lock the door properly and leave the keys under the mat!" I exclaimed searching for my sandals but pathetically failing.

Remembering I left them in my room ,I ran back to my room and finally found them.

"Where are you going?" asked Danny blocking the doorway of my bedroom.

"I'm going out with ,Mr.Carter "

"You call your fiance with his last name?" he questioned narrowing his eyes citing suspicion.

"I..I.. It's out of habit kinda like a running joke between us you wouldn't understand " I said ducking and finally getting out of the room.

"Bye Dans"

"Bye Chubs ,call me if you need to punch that guy ,I'll come hype you up"

"Sure thing! " I yelled back just before the door clicked shut.

I made my way to the car with laboured breathing ,all the running around paid off and I was down in 10 minutes.

I mean 5 minutes was pretty unrealistic!

"You're late"he stated with annoyance laced into his voice.

"I am aware"

I got into the car with him and the driver took off.

After 30 minutes of a very boring and silent drive ,he looked more annoyed than normal , we finally arrived at the location ,I still had no idea where we were going but I was metally prepared to run as soon as I sense danger.

I stepped out of the car and the building before me took me breath away ,it was beautifully constructed and had dozens of wedding dresses on display through it's squeaky clean glass windows.

I won't lie but I was really excited!

The 10 year old girl in me squealed in excitement.

Of course ,mentally or Mr.Carter might think I'm actually excited for this sham marriage.

"Why do I have to call you out on every step ,can't you even walk to the entrance without day dreaming?"he said rolling his eyes.

I walked past him not before ramming my shoulder into his and shimmying my way into the white heaven.

"Hello Mr.Carter, we're very honoured to have you here ,this way please" said a 40 year old woman who was smiling at him with all her teeth on display.