Chapter 28: Da Bourgeoisie

As Prince predicted,Mariella tried to seduce him during the party.She turned off the lights and was all over him,trying her best tricks on him.He remained calm and composed and tried to reason with her.
"Mariella ,please stop ,I'm married to your sister.This is wrong"
"Shhhh...I will take you on such a ride ,you will forget her name.Besides,why does she get to have all the fun?I know you like 'em spicy,Prince and let me tell ya,yo soy muy caliente". Disgusted by his sister-in -law's behavior,he snapped.
"Mariella,the difference between you and your sister is that she doesn't even try to seduce me Her simplicity is why I love her so much.See,I've had you.Many times.Women like you who know lust .but don't know love. I pity you..." As he tried to walk away she asked him:"What does she have that I don't?"
Prince turned around and said:"Compassion"
At that moment,the lights came back on and he saw his wife with tears in her eyes. Next to her was Lela and the rest of the family ,all having a disappointed look on their faces. Prince couldn't stand to see his wife upset,so he walked up to her.
"Baby,please believe me.Nothing happened between us .I would never do that to you"He pleaded,while looking at her apologetically.She kissed him on the cheek and replied:"I know...."
He sighed of relief and hugged her tight .
"I love you so much ,Angel"
"I love you too"
Lela started scolding Mariella for her indecent behavior,which Mariella didn't take well at all.
"Well,not everyone can be Saint Angelica" she said while rolling her eyes .
"What's that supposed to mean,Mariella?"
"It,means,my dear sister that Lela always praises you.Everyone has to be like you.But I know you're not as perfect as you seem." She looked at Prince and scoffed:"Rejecting the advanced of a woman?How gay are you?"
Prince chuckled at her remark and replied:"Wouldn't you like to know....Sorry Mariella,trash is just not my style .I prefer my women to be mine alone" Mariella straightened her back and flipped her hair before walking out.Lela apologized for her granddaughter's behavior and the party continued.But Angelica was not in a festive mood at all.She dat in a corner trying her hardest to keep her tears from flowing.Prince saw his wife's struggle and walked up to her .
"What's wrong ,Mama?You look like you're about to burst into tears." Angelica gave her husband a faint smile and pretended as if there was nothing wrong.
"I'm fine ,honey,just tired I guess."Prince walked up to his wife and held her in his arms.He looked into her eyes,that were moist with tears she tried to hold back.
"Nuh-uh. I'm not buying it.I am your husband,Angel.I know you.Now tell me what's bothering you." As if it were on cue,her tears streamed down her face.
"I'm just so sad,you know I finally find my sister and she never really cared about me.That hurts ." Prince embraced Angelica as she started sobbing.He couldn't bear to see her cry. Suddenly he had an idea.
"Hey how about we rent a house and spend the rest of our vacation there.I heard that Mayte and Gary are here as well.Maybe we could let Dom and James fly over.What do you say?"
"I say you're the best husband ever".And they passionately kissed. The next day they left the Rodriguez residence to spend some quality time as a family.Lela made sure they took some food with them on their way to the rented house,so they didn't have to cook. As soon as they were settled,they called Mayte and Gary to visit and arranged for Dom and James to fly over.They stayed two more weeks in Puerto Rico ,before returning to Minnesota. They had a wonderful time together and lots of food. Prince enjoyed feeding the pregnant women and made sure their cravings were satisfied. His wife was happy and that's what mattered the most. He would do anything to keep that smile on her face.....