Chapter 11 :Partyman

14 weeks and growing...

June 7th 2001

Today was Prince's birthday.He organized a small get together to announce his engagement and Angelica's pregnancy.It was time to show off the love of his life.Angelica knew that her fiancé would get up early to fix her breakfast,so she got up earlier .She had a special menu she wanted to prepare for him today.She took a quick shower ,got dressed and went to the kitchen.Just as she was busy taking the ingredients out of the pantry, Prince walked into the kitchen, camera in his hand.He had already showered.Angelica shook her head.He always carried that camera to take random pictures of her."And what do you think you're doing woman? "He asked her amused.
" It's your birthday and you need to be spoiled.So I'm cooking for you today"she stated.
"I'd actually prefer you in bed resting."
As she started to pout he chuckled and walked up to her and kissed her on the lips.
"Good morning mama.What are we having?"
"Frittata and a caramel flan for you"
"Alright my stubborn future wife,have your way."
She kissed him on the cheek."Now please relax and let me spoil you?"He chuckled and walked to the living room and leisurely turned on the tv,as it was still very early in the morning.She brought him a cup of coffee before going back in the kitchen. He let her cook to her heart's content and the smell triggered his taste buds.She came with a tray and served it to him."Breakfast is served Mr.Nelson"she announced.
"Thank you future Mrs.Nelson.Wow this looks amazing ,mama"
"Thanks honey,I hope you like it"

She served him a plate first and poured out some fruit punch for him

She served him a plate first and poured out some fruit punch for him .She then took some for herself.Prince took his first bite and exclaimed:"This is delicious!"
She just smiled and they continued eating. He enjoyed the frittata so much that he took a second helping and so did she.Afterwards she fed him his flan.He rubbed his full belly and said:"I seriously will need a personal trainer.This woman's food is as irresistible as she is"
Angelica just laughed and kissed him on the cheek.
"Glad you enjoyed it baby"
They cleaned up together and cuddled in the couch.
"Let me look at my babies" he lifted her shirt and started to sing to them,showering them with kisses.
He nuzzled against her belly and fell asleep.She smiled at her sweet man sleeping.He looked so peaceful.She got up to prepare lunch.She decided to give him his favourite dishes;macaroni and cheese,potato salad and sweet potato pie.She made iced tea to wash it all down.When she finished ,he just woke up.He saw her arching her back.She was tired.
"C'mere mama,you need rest"she didn't argue ,she just obliged.She sat down next to him as he gently carressed her belly just the way she liked it and she drifted off....
Around lunch time Angelica awoke from the loud grumble her stomach made.Prince was on the phone making some last minute arrangements.When he hung up she asked:" Is everything ready for later?"
"Yeah but I decided not to perform.I wanted to focus on you"
Angelica sighed at her impossible man."Prince you need to perform.It's part of who you are.Music has always made you happy."
"But..-"
"What wife would I be if I didn't support you?I cant be selfish Honey. It's not about me today"
"Will you be there with me?"
"Ofcourse"
He kissed her and said:"Just when I thought I could never love you more,you prove me wrong.You're amazing Angelica"
Her stomach grumbled again.He chuckled :"Lets eat mama"
He saw all his favourite dishes and his eyes grew wide with excitement.He excitedly started bouncing in his chair and Angelica smiled.She served him his food and and took some.When they ate Prince moaned as he enjoyed the food.When he finished he patted his stomach and sighed satisfied."That was really good ,mama"
"Thanks baby. You have some room for dessert?"
"I always have room for dessert.What are we having?"
"Sweet potato pie"
"Really?baby you really outdid yourself ,thank you.I know how much effort you put in every dish"
"Anything for you my love " she said.
Ofcourse Angelica had to take a second helping.
"With all the cheese and eggs you will be bloated later.Be careful alright?We dont want you belching in the microphone" he joked
At that moment she belched loudly.He chuckled.
"Here we go...."
And as if on cue she belched again.She arched her back and groaned."I feel like a balloon....!" And continued belching uncontrollably.Prince took a picture of her belly before saying:"Lets try and let this gas out before tonight okay?I dont want you uncomfortable.

Prince took a picture of her belly before saying:"Lets try and let this gas out before tonight okay?I dont want you uncomfortable

After lunch they both took a well deserved nap.Kim arrived around 5PM for their hair and make up.When she saw them both,her eyes welled with tears.She was so happy for her boss.

She was so happy for her boss

T

T

hen it was showtime.In true Prince fashion he made sure the reveal was perfect.He chose not to interact with anyone until after the announcement.He chose for a more intimate setting, so no band.Just him on the piano.He arranged for a large couch to be placed on stage ,where Angelica would sit.He turned all the lights off,except the spotlight on him.
"How y'all doing?"Cheers in the crowd.
" Alright let's get this party started!"
He proceded to play some upbeat songs and after 3 upbeat songs he asked the guests to settle down,as he had something to say.
"I'm very happy today.I never thought I would be as happy as I feel right now.I met this woman y'all"
And the crowd started to laugh.He chuckled and comtinued:"And I had to make her mine.She is the most amazing woman I've ever met.And a great cook too!Y'all,she made me this Southern lunch ....mm-mm-mm-mm-mm"he said while stroking his belly.
"I might need a truck to pick me up tonight" he joked.The crowd started to laugh.
"But seriously,she is the love of my life and I want to happily announce our engagement." Cheers were heard everywhere.
"So without further ado ,meet my future wife,my fiancée ,miss Angelica Rodriguez,soon to be Nelson!" Angelica walked into the spotlight and Prince kissed her on the cheek."Isn't she beautiful?"
He gently caressed her belly and continued:"Oh yeah and we're expecting twins everyone"He proceded to strut around her like a proud peacock while the crowd cheered.Angelica started to blush.He kissed her on the cheek."My baby is a little shy,give it up for her!"And she was led back to the couch.While he continued to playing,Angelica enjoyed his music while nibbling on some snacks he arranged for her.Then he sang "Betcha by golly wow" He sang directly to her and she felt herself get emotional.
"....candyland appears each time you smile..." She started to smile."There it is,look at those dimples.Wanna dance mama?"
They swayed together as he continued to sing to her.They could hear the crowd say 'awww".At the end of the song Angelica was so overwhelmed she started to cry.She hid her face in his chest and cried.
"Aww....my girl is emotional y'all.Mr.Hayes take over will ya?I need to take care of my woman" He led her to the couch and held her tight while stroking her hair.He knew this was getting too much for her.
"You okay baby?" She nodded and looked at him as tears welled again."I love you so much Prince"
He kissed her on the forehead and said:"I know baby I know.Let's get you to bed okay?You need to rest."
He helped her undress and shower.He took out a see through nightie for her to wear.She looked at him questioningly.
"When I come later,I will have a party of my own" he said seductively.She smiled and replied:"Deal"
He rubbed her belly just the way she liked it and she drifted off.He changed his attire and went back to entertain his guests.Around midnight their engagement was made public.And Prince went to have a private party of his own....