Chapter 24:She's always in my hair

6 weeks later...

Angelica was now 10 weeks pregnant ,but not with twins this time

Angelica was now 10 weeks pregnant ,but not with twins this time.She has been feeling pretty good and had no crazy symptoms so far.She just got tired and her breasts hurt a little.She already sported a small bump,which Prince loves.As usual,he documented this pregnancy as well.When she told Dom ,she was pregnant too,they both got emotional,as they would embark this journey together.They spoke on the phone daily ,comparing symptoms and just venting to one another.Dominique was 12 weeks along.
After her 8 week appointment,Angelica noticed that Prince behaved strangely.He always craved ice cream with pickles and even had pickled ice cream flavored chips.He also slept a lot more and was sometimes light headed. She also noticed him being very sensitive to her feelings, much more than her first pregnancy,like he could relate somehow.He was still very petite,but where his six pack was,he had a small tummy.Nothing too obvious,but he would always ask Angelica:"Do I look fat?"
Ofcourse Angelica didn't think he did,so she would just comfort him and he would feel better.She would make him healthy smoothies to balance his crazy cravings.As a trained nurse,she recognized these symptoms right away.They were sympathy symptoms or Couvade syndrome,where men have sympathy pregnancy.The symptoms vary from very mild ,to severe.She had spoken to Dr.Shepard about it privately ,who told her that his symptoms were the mild kind.She just had to be sensitive to his feelings and not worry.When Dom was with her on the phone,she complained to Angelica about James crying all the time and always being hungry.
"He even cries when he's hungry Angie,can you believe that??" Angelica chuckled and asked what other symptoms he had.
"Well,tummy ache ,backache ,nausea.And he's never in the mood for sex.He's always tired and complains that I only want sex.But these hormones make me so damn horny!"
"Calm down,Dom.Sounds like James has a severe case of Couvade syndrome"
"What's that?"
"Sympathy pregnancy. Just be patient with him and seek help ok?Come by for lunch later and we can talk"
"So...what he's experiencing is real?" Dom asked her friend
"Oh yeah very real.Ok I gotta go make breakfast ,see you later .Love you"
"Ditto girlie"
She went to the kitchen and made tuna sandwiches and herbal tea,as Prince wasn't feeling well.The twins were with Christine.They had grown up so fast.Soon they would celebrate their first birthday....
She went to the living room and saw Prince seated with his eyes closed.She brought him his breakfast.
"Baby,I brought you a sandwich.How are you feeling?"
"Hey mama,I feel a bit dizzy .Thanks for the sandwich,I'm starving"Before she could count to 10 he had finished his sandwich.He went to the kitchen and made himself one more and brought his chips with him.

He went to the kitchen and made himself one more and brought his chips with him