Chapter 27: Que viva Puerto Rico!

New year's eve 2002

Prince and Angelica have already spent three days at Lela's house.They left the 27th of December , right after Christmas.Christmas at the Nelson Residence was full of joy, laughter and new traditions.As a Christmas gift, Lela sent her granddaughter pictures of when she was small and also introduced her to her sister, Mariella. Mariella was two years younger than Angelica and also grew up in foster care.When Prince saw Mariella, he noticed that she had similar looks to his wife. Angelica was almost 23 weeks pregnant and her family wouldn't let her lift a finger.Knowing how overwhelming all this love was to her, Prince would get teary eyed all the time.He was so happy she got the family she always wanted.It was New Year's eve,so it was very hectic in the Rodriguez household.Everyone was busy doing something to prepare for the New years's fiesta.Prince would arrange some music, Angelica insisted on doing something,so she helped with peeling and cutting. In the midst of all the jokes and laughter, Prince noticed something a little strange with Mariella. She kept staring at him and smiling when he noticed and something told him to be extra careful today. He didn't tell his wife because he didn't want to ruin her happiness . He would just be careful. He took care of his twins and made sure his wife's needs were met. Lela was so in awe of his loving ways and told her grandchildren:" Mira, esoes un buen hombre.Tiene amor de su esposa"

Prince, ofcourse, did not understand what she said and Angelica translated for him, causing him to blush.

"Aww..... it's nothing , abuela, I just love your granddaughter and I am thankful for her . So I make sure to show her every day."

" Muy bien mi hijo.Me gusta tu corazon. Tienes una alma pura y innocente."

"Thanks, Lela" This compliment meant so much to him, coming from her.It was like he got her approval. He gave her a big hug and a kiss on her cheek. Everyone was happy and cheering. All except Mariella.......

In her mind she was plotting a way to get Prince to herself.Ever since she saw him ,she was smitten and insanely jealous of her sister.She has seduced men many times and some would say she was quite the expert at it. Her grandmother would always scold her for her life style and her choice of men. She hated the way Lela would praise Angelica , as if she was such a saint. She didn't really know her sister, but she was almost sure she had some skeletons in her closet. no one  could be that perfect. Tonight, she would get Prince drunk and seduce him.Until now no one could resist her charm. But then again, she never met anyone like Prince before...

Around 6 PM everyone got ready for the party. It would only be family members and very close friends. There was an array of different foods and they made sure to include vegetarian dishes tot honor Prince's life style.Prince surprised his wife with a ruby red dress, that hugged her curves Knowing that they were having a girl,he couldn't resist to buy a platinum necklace for his wife with a single diamond pendant on it.He also got matching earrings for her. It was such a simple , yet elegant gift . He told his wife to put his favourite perfume of hers , so he could smell her wherever she was. He had a strange feeling something was going to happen tonight and let out a deep sigh.Angelica noticed his change in demeanor and walked up to him.

" Honey, what's wrong?"

Prince laid his head on her shoulder and caressed her belly , like he would always do when he felt vulnerable.

"Angel, please don't be angry?But I have a strange feeling about something"

Knowing her husband's strong intuition,she had learned just to listen to him when he got these feelings. Until now, she experienced, that his feelings were never wrong.

"Why would I be angry honey?What feeling do you have?" Prince sighed and looked her straight in the eye.

"Because it's your sister, Mama. I have a strange feeling about Mariella. She has been looking at me funny and her eyes are not sincere.I feel like she has a trick up her sleeve. I'm so sorry baby" He said, looking at her apologetically.Angelica kissed her husband passionately. 

"Sorry for what, honey?You've done nothing wrong. As happy as I am to know my relatives, you, Izzy, Mimi and Dom are my real family. I don't know Mariella, so I trust your judgement, because you would never lie to me. I will do whatever you see fit, because us Nelsons stick together."

Prince was so surprised at her response , he kissed her on her lips.

"Wow, mama the way you said that statement just makes me want to take you right here"

"Well what are you waiting for Mr. Nelson?Devour me like a meal" And he did.