Chapter 16:The Love We Make

The next morning ,Angelica woke up early .Her husband was still vast asleep ,so she showered  quickly and made her way to the kitchen.She wanted to take care of her husband today. She noticed him looking very tired lately.She decided to make him some Jamaican Sweet Cornmeal porridge, with almonds and raisins inside.She took the ingredients out of the pantry ,when she felt two warm hands on her belly.She smelled him and just leaned into his embrace ,enjoying his scent.He had already showered.
"Good morning my beautiful wife"
"Good morning my wonderful husband,you smell so good"
Prince chuckled.He knew what his scent did to her.He kissed her neck and nibbled on her ear to make he let out a satisfied sigh.His eyes scanned the ingredients she had taken out.
"What are we having mama?"
"Jamaican Sweet cornmeal porridge" she turned around to face him and when she cupped his face ,she noticed him feeling a bit warm.She placed the back of her hand on his forehead.
"Baby ,you feel warm.How are you feeling?"
"Just a little headache "
"I think with the weather change, you're catching a cold." She said ,looking concerned
"Honey,get some rest and I will take care of you,ok?"
But Prince was worried his stubborn,heavily pregnant wife would strain herself ,so he didn't want to hear it.
"No you need to rest ,mama.Don't worry,I'll be fine"
Angelica sighed and said:"Baby I won't strain myself,if that's what you're worried about.But if it would make you feel better,call Rosita to help me out "
Prince called Rosita ,their housekeeper to help her out.He really wasn't feeling well,so he could use some pampering from his wife.He watched Angelica as she was busy making breakfast.She was softly singing a tune.He smiled.She always sang when she cooked.Then he recognized the tune as one of his own.It was one of his old songs called 'I love you in me'.He held her waist from behind ,gently swaying from left to right, as she sang .He loved her voice so much .He started harmonizing with her,and continued to sway to the music in their heads.She leaned into his embrace and closed her eyes,just enjoying his scent.She started to sniff his neck and he whispered:"So you love me in you huh?"
She chuckled softly and led his hand to her big belly:"Can't you tell?"
He laughed and said :"Why don't we do something about that after breakfast? "
"I'm up for it"
"Ofcourse you are,you're hornier than me right now"
She playfully slapped his arm:"That's not true"
"Yes it is.But I love every second of it" he said while kissing her lips.They were so lost in their love,that they didn't hear the doorbell.When it rang the second time,Prince walked to the front door to open it after  pecking his wife on the cheek.
"Hola señor Nelson,you no look so good.Get some rest"
"Hello Rosita ,come on in"
Rosita was a middle aged Hispanic woman with a thick Spanish accent.She was like a mother to Prince and was not afraid to speak her mind.She entered the living room and saw Angelica cooking.
"Mrs.Nelson,you cooking??"she asked surprised.
" Yes Rosita ,but please call me Angelica "
She shook her head and said:"No no,Mr Nelson insist I call you Mrs.Nelson"
Angelica laughed and whispered in her ear:"You don't have to call me that when he's not around.It will be our little secret"she said with a wink.
Rosita smiled and said :"You a good woman.Not like the other one"
"You mean Mayte?"
"Sí,you pregnant with two babies and cook for your husband and take care of him when he sick.She pregnant and just go sleep.No me gusta ella." She said with a disapproving look on her face.Angelica just quietly shook her head.She was not about to talk about her husband with employees. He had to tell her himself.The porridge was ready to serve and Angelica gave Rosita some and went to sit next to her husband to feed him.She caressed his face and said:"Let me feed you baby"
He nodded and Angelica fed her husband .He enjoyed his porridge so much,he moaned with pleasure after every spoonful. She couldn't resist to tease him:"Do you need a room with the porridge?It sounds like it's giving it to you real good"she said while chuckling.Prince didn't realize he was so vocsl and he started to blush.Angelica kissed him on the cheek and used his words:"I love it when you blush for me,daddy"Prince let out a loud laugh.
"It's just that it tastes so good baby" he said.
"You really are a good cook"
"Glad you're enjoying it"
Angelica saw that he was thinking about something ."What's brewing in that wonderful mind of yours Mr .Nelson?"
Prince smiled and said:"I was just thinking that you could open a restaurant.You really have a passion for cooking"
"That would be a great idea honey,I do love cooking"
Prince's face lit up:"Really?Well I was thinking a nice restaurant ,where you can play jazz music and I could come and perform with you occasionally "
He started to get real excited while revealing his idea to Angelica.
"Wait ,what do you mean by performing with me??" Prince looked at her worried expression and explained:"Angel ,you have a wonderful voice.And I know crowds aren't your thing .But I do want your voice to be heard.So I thought you could perform in a more intimate setting.I could feature you on my next album on one or two songs ,just that people can hear you."
"But I've never sung in public before"
"I know that mama,but I will teach you"
Angelica smiled and said :"You have this all figured out don't you?"
"Yeah....I kinda do.I was just waiting for the right time to talk to you about it.I was also thinking to move out of Paisley Park ,before the babies are born.You're the mother of my children,you deserve a home.This is a bachelor pad.So I was looking at some property to buy  but I want you to choose.Because it will be your house"
Angelica kissed him :"We'll figure it out.Today I want you to relax and be pampered by your wife"
Prince grinned widely and replied:"Well in that case,let me show you my appreciation Mrs.Nelson"
And they went to the bedroom where he properly showed her his appreciation. Afterwards, they cuddled a little before Angelica got up to prepare lunch.She insisted to cook for him and Prince knew nothing could change her mind once its made up.She made another Carribean dish:cornsoup with coconut milk and vegetables.She served her husband and while eating he made those noises again.She chuckled :"I love how you show your love for my cooking"
Prince chuckled as well:"I might have to fire Charles"he joked.After lunch she started to feel bloated and Prince rubbed her belly helping her out.She made sure he got his vitamins and aspirine .Her back started to hurt so she went to take a nap while Prince laid in the couch watching television.When she woke up it was time for dinner.She wanted to make something but Prince saw her arching her back,so he said:"No baby ,please rest a little.I know you worry about me ,but I worry about you too.I will take care of dinner"
When he got up he felt lightheaded and had to stand for a few seconds .
"What's wrong?" She asked concerned
"Nothing, I just feel a bit dizzy" he saw his wife's eyes grow wide and had to convince her he would be fine.She sighed and caressed his face gently:",Just be careful ok?"
He kissed her cheek:"I will,my loving and caring wife"
He warmed up the leftover porridge and they had that for dinner.Afterwards they took a shower and laid cuddled up in bed.Angelica noticed her husband being lost in thought.She watched him as he mindlessly stroked her belly ,occasionally pausing to feel the babies move,kissing it and stroking again.She gently played with his hair and laid there quiet.She felt he needed a moment.He looked up ,his eyes were glassy.She knew this look.He was having a vulnerable moment.
"I love you Angel" he said softly
"I love you too baby"
He continued his mindless stroking and started to speak:"No one has ever done this for me before"
"What do you mean?Cooking for you?"
He nodded :"Taking care of me."
"And Mayte?"
He sighed: " She was too young and took too much advantage of my spoiling nature"
Angelica kept quiet and let him speak.
"You know why I love you so much?Because I feel safe with you.I could tell you my deepest secrets and you would still be by my side.If I would lose all this you would never leave me."
She kissed him and gave him a tight embrace
"I will never leave you baby"
He grabbed her waist and nuzzled against her belly.Her heart just overflowed at the vulnerable sight of him .He was so adorable.
"Honey,how are you feeling?"
He pouted:"I don't feel so good..."
"Aww...poor baby.Want me to kiss that pout away?"
He nodded,still pouting.And she kissed him tenderly and with so much emotion.And they fell asleep cuddling....