Chapter 13: Girls and Boys

20 weeks and growing

"...The heaven's gates opened and he saw someone walk up to him as he wanted to enter.He could only recognize him as Jesus." No Prince,it's not your time yet" he said.Prince looked at him confused."Lord,what am I doing here?"Jesus smiled and an angel came with a small bundle in his hands and gave it to him.It was a baby.!"I..don't understand... "He stammered.Jesus replied:" This is your son,Prince, I'm giving him back to you........"
Tears streamed down his face when he woke up from this dream.It was so real,almost tangible. He watched his beautiful fiancée sleeping.He gently kissed her belly and got up.....

Today is Angelica's 20 week appointment with Dr.Shepard.They will find out what the babies' genders are.Needless to say,they are very excited .At 20 weeks ,Angelica is halfway through her pregnancy. She has been experiencing lower back pains and mild leg cramps occasionally. Her digestive system has slowed down,so she csn only eat small portions at a time.Per Dr.Shepard's advice ,she now eats small portions .Prince's belly massages help with the indigestion and was highly recommended by Dr.Shepard.She even thought him the right technique to have the massage work effectively.It helps let out any trapped gas.Her sexdrive has increased as well,but she is still too shy to make the first move.So Prince observed her and picked up a few signs she shows when she was in the mood.One of them is her sniffing his neck.

Prince got up early and made his woman a light breakfast.He monitors her food intake ever since she started having stomach aches after every meal.Her belches have increased and now she even belches in her sleep,much to Prince's amusement.
"Good morning,mama.Did you sleep well?" Angelica yawned and nodded groggily.She ate her breakfast and got ready for the doctor's appointment. Prince noticed her being very quiet.
"You're quiet today,mama.Everything alright?"
"Yes ,I'm just excited ,that's all.Can't wait to know the genders"
"Yeah...me too.C'mon let's go see our babies"
Dr.Shepard quickly let them in and after weighing and measuring her,she asked the usual questions concerning symptoms.They told her about the indigestion and the gas.She encouraged Prince to keep massaging her,as he was doing a great job so far.She also spoke about heart burn, another side effect she could have later on.It's recognized by a burning sensation in the chest area,mostly after eating.Then it was time for the ultrasound.As she moved the wand around,the babies' heartbeats filled the air.Prince had a huge grin on his face.
"Now let's see what we're having." Dr.Shepard said.After staring at the screen for a few seconds ,she announced:"Congratulations ,you're having a boy and a girl". Angelica started to tear up and Prince's eyes welled as well.He thought about the dream he had this morning. Could it be true?

On the way home,Prince was very quiet.Angelica noticed him being lost in thought.Now they were sitting in the living room and he still hasn't said a word.He just stared into nothingness,lost in thought.Angelica curled up to him and he mindlessly started stroking her belly.
"Honey ,you okay?"she asked
" Hmm?Yeah yeah I'm okay..."he said.Angelica sensed that he needed a moment,so she told him:"I',m going to take a nap okay? "
"Okay"
And she went and took a nap.