Chapter 2:Tears go here......

It's been 3 days since her meeting with Prince,but he has been on her mind ever since.She thought about his son and wondered how he was doing.She didn't want to call because she didn't want to come off as nosy.So she decided to wait until she went back to work to find out.She had the afternoon shift and decided she would go in early to check up on the baby.
Right now it was 8 a.m. and she was getting some laundry done while preparing her breakfast.She was making pancakes.She loved pancakes.Angelica has always been somewhat of a multitasker,which helped her tremendously during her years as a nursing student and even now in her career as a nurse.Having lost her parents at an early age,she grew up independently.Early on she realized that she had no one to depend on but herself.She had no other siblings,as she was an only child.Her youth was no bed of roses,moving from foster home to foster home since the age of 5.But she was proud that her awful youth did not change who she was.She maintained her personality.She always had the natural ability to take care of people around her.She was an introvert to the point of being socially shy.She hated crowds and her idea of fun was sitting alone ,reading a good book or listening to music by herself.Preferably Prince music.Growing up,Angelica did not have many friends.She was always perceived as weird.Nursing school really helped her develop her social skills and now she could at least have a normal conversation without wanting to run away. This was the reason why Prince was her favourite artist ,because she understood him and she felt like he would be the only one who would understand her.Not to mention their similarities in character.Their personality traits are quite similar.Both quirky,both passionate about their work.

"Cream get on top
Cream,you will cop
Cream ,don't you stop
Cream sha boogie bop..."
Angelica danced and sang along as her favourite song blasted through the speakers.
"Well someone is in a good mood.." she heard behind her.It was her neighbor and best friend Dominique.Ever since she bought this small one bedroom apartment 5 years ago,both have been inseperable.
"Dom!I gave you that key for emergencies,not to sneak up on me like that."
"I do have an emergency"
"What is it?"
"Well....I haven't seen you in a few days,so I missed you girl!I heard Prince playing on the radio and I knew you were home,so I came over to see you"
"Awww...so sweet,come here girl have a seat."
Dominique was the exact opposite of Angelica.With her French roots,Dominique Lacoste was more outgoing and thrived in crowds.She loved being the centre of attention.She had chocolate brown skin,dark brown eyes and black curly hair,which she had tied in a bun.Angelica Rodriguez was lightskinned and had light eyes,sometimes light brown to grey.Her hair was long ,brown and also curly.She had put highlights in them.Dom never understood why Angelica was insecure about her looks.At 5 ft 2 inches ,she was a little short but had curves in the right places.She was very pretty.But her insecurities were rooted in a very abusive childhood.Which is why Dom was very protecrive of this sensitive,compassionate friend of hers.

"Want some breakfast? I'm making pancakes"
"Sure" Dom replied
"So tell me,how was your shift?"
"Well....." Angelica contemplated if she should tell her friend that she met her idol.Although she knew she was trustworthy.So she continued: "I met Prince"
"WHAT??!!How?When?Tell me all the details!"
Dominique was almost leaping off her seat.So Angelica told her the story of how they met.
"Well that's sad.Did you hear anything yet?"
"No when I leave I will find out"
"Ok so tell me...is he as sexy as he looks on tv?"
Angelica started laughing. "Girrrrlll...you have NO idea!He is fiinnee as fine can be!His eyes are just....mesmerising..."
Dom looked at her friend gushing over her idol and started to smile.
"What time do you start?"
"I start at 4p.m but I want to be there around 1 p.m.just to see the baby.I'm just so nervous for them,Dom.You should have seen his face when he saw his son.Pure joy.And to have that taken away is just cruel."
"Well,I hope he does well ,Ange"
"I hope so too"
As they ate their pancakes in silence ,both were immersed in their thoughts,each thinking about the man who was part of their world for so many years....

1 P.M.
Angelica entered the hospital with her heart beating in her chest.Before she went to her unit ,she went to the unit where the newborns were.In the hallway she saw her collegue.
"Hi Denise how are you?" She said
"Hey ,Ange ,I'm alright. What's up?"
"Is baby Nelson still here?I would like to see him"
"Umm....yeah .But he is not doing so well.He can't breathe on his own due to a birth defect.So the doctor will pull the plug today."
"Can I see him?"
"Sure"
She made her way to the baby's crib.And there he was ,attached to a breathing machine. Her eyes filled with tears.She placed her finger in his hand ,as tears streamed down her face.
"How I wish your dad was here"
"He is"
She turned around and saw his dad standing in the doorway.
"Hello Angelica"This time he didn't say Angel.His face was stone cold and she wondered what she had done to him.
" Hello Mr.Nelson"
"What are you doing here?"
"Umm...I just came to check up on your son."
"To see if he is already dead?Well he isn't!"
"Excuse me ,sir I came here out of compassion for you.So I find it unnecessary of you to react like this.Taking it out on me won't do you any good.And it's unfair of you ,because I have done nothing wrong"
"You people couldn't save my son,you don't care.You just come and earn your money regardless of the outcome.Life goes on for you"
Just as she wanted to snap back,the doctor came.
"Mr.Nelson ,are you ready?"
"No,I have to say goodbye"
He went to the crib and wispered something to his son as tears streamed down his face.Angelica stood there and never felt so helpless in her entire career.The doctor turned off the machine and slowly his vitals started to drop....until they were a straight line.Mr.Nelson fell on his knees and wept uncontrollably and Angelica's heart broke to pieces for this man.As she tried to console him,he pulled away and looked at her with so much anger in his eyes.
"Leave me alone.You killed my son.Please get out of my sight.You are not wanted here"
Angelica was beyond hurt,hearing those words from the one man she admired her whole life.She felt tears burning in her eyes ,but she refused to cry.She lifted her chin up and walked to the door .She turned around and said:"Thank you Mr.Nelson"
As he looked puzzeled ,she continued: "Thank you for reminding me that celebrities are human too.You have hurt me deeply today and never again will I place someone on a pedestal like I placed you.Have a good day."
And with that,she walked away.When she arrived at her unit,she cried it out,washed her face and did her shift like the professional she was.....

Prince POV

"....Never again will I place someone on a pedestal like I placed you..."
He knew he hurt her deeply,he saw it in her eyes.Ever since he met that nurse,there was something about her that really struck him.But he did not know what it was.She had the most telling eyes he had ever seen.This woman spoke with her eyes.Which is why he could read her like an open book.He regretted his outburst,because he knew she did nothing wrong.But he was so hurt.He lost his son and was still mourning.As he laid in his bed on another sleepless night,he turned to look at his wife.He knew she wasn't sleeping either ,he could hear her muffeled sobs.But he did not know how to fix this.It was too much for him to handle...
As Prince laid there with his thoughts,he wondered how Angelica was doing.
"Is she okay?I hope I did not break her heart..."
He just sighed and tried to go to sleep...