17.

Papa, I will get you back.

Jax.

What was obvious was that this man was dangerous, his demonic aura wasn't tame, and he could feel it trying to leech off him, the barrier was still around him preventing the man to come any closer which brought a slight sense of relief to Jax. "Could you please lower the barrier, we can't exactly have a conversation like this." The man with red hair pointed out but Jax couldn't do anything about it and he much preferred it that way.

"If you would stop trying to leech of my mana and be a little less threatening then maybe it can come down, I'm not exactly sure how it works but it responds when I'm in danger and gets stronger the more the danger is close to me, so I doubt it." Jax replied annoying the demon, but it wasn't his fault that he was being protected. "No matter, I only have two things to ask of you, Jax." The man exclaimed as they moved toward a nearby park where children were playing with their parents, these were human therefore they couldn't see them for who they truly were.

"I don't have all day so hurry it up." Jax growled impatiently, the more he was around this demon the more his temper and his other half were going through the roof, he caused so much aggression with the malice that dripped from him. "Relax Jaxon, I'm sure what I have will interest you, do you know why Leyton chose to betray and break one of the sacred laws?" The man questioned but Jax had no idea, till now he didn't, knowing this was important Jax opened his mind to Adrian and Johnny, somehow he felt another person connect to the link but he didn't pay attention due to the demon in front of him.

"It's one of those eternal questions I will never get an answer to." The kitsune mused as he seemed bored but in hindsight, he was doing this so the demon would want his attention, he had played this game before. "I can answer it for you, he wanted his dead wife back, you see Jaxon, over time the demons in Greeneway Bay grew in power because they didn't divide themselves between good and bad, black or white, they chose to use magic as it was given by the goddess herself, just like the barrier that protects you now, I assume your mate made it, ever wondered how it's so strong, how it emanates evil yet protection for you." This was information that baffled Jax, he didn't know because he trusted Adrian, and he never questioned him because his mate was always open with him.

.

"I see, you didn't know which was and is totally normal as the witch of protection is your mate and well we all know mates could never betray us, but think about it, the magic he used was sacrificial magic, most witches and fae shun the practice of it, but look at how your witch has used it and has it been bad?" That explanation and question baffled Jax, he could clearly admit that it hadn't, every time the barrier had appeared it had protected him and never left him injured or unsafe. "No." He admitted making the demon smile.

"Exactly Jax, the demons were misunderstood, just because they practiced the darker forms of magic they were a plague and evil, but they weren't evil, the dimension they created to lock us in was evil, it tainted the hearts of those who were good and made them beings of unimaginable terror." The demon in front of Jax relayed as if he were reliving the nightmare itself, as if he had a more hidden agenda than just pulling out demons from the realm they were locked in. "We aren't monsters Jax, we are just people who were tragically misunderstood." The demon explained and somehow deep down Jax understood, he could feel it, the demon was telling the truth but could he trust him.

"I need you to join us, Jax, with your power I can achieve my goal, I can achieve the objective I want and after my goal is fulfilled, I will leave you and your family alone, think about it." The demon offered shocking the kitsune. "You can't possibly want me to join you, and murder people." He uttered with absolute shock and aggression. "That's right, it won't be much if you accept, that's why I brought an incentive to help you accept." The demon waved his hand and the image of Jax's father appeared, he seemed to be asleep in a coffin.