29.

Adrian Brooke. ~ In the Ancestral Plane.

Adrian truly needed a minute, all the information he was getting was overloading his capacity to actually grasp everything that was being poured into him, and he was actually the smartest in the family. "Okay, stop, —I just need a minute aunt Marie." He muttered as the woman nodded with a smile whilst Adrian just set aside his cup of warm chamomile, apparently the ancestral plane had that too but he couldn't focus on that.

"You're telling me that Jax's parents died to imprison Jose, because he was a blessed mystic, and had power enough to actually challenge the patriarch, so instead of letting it happen, the people who would've been my inlaws died to separate Jose from his body, destroyed it, stripped him of his power and locked him in the ancestral realm, only for him to break out when he had absorbed enough energy, found a portal to get back to the real world and merged with another living relative of his so he could stay in the human realm." Ari explained and his granma along with his aunt nodded.

"He wanted to take over Jax's body because what better way to gain his power and destroy the threat other than just taking over his body, thankfully the Goddess had already joined you two for a long time, naturally your magic alone would've protected him from the merging, but then you created a protection contract with a deity at the centre making sure no matter what happened, Jose couldn't take Jax, which leads to why he's now after Jax, he knows Jax can completely destroy him, that's why he threatened you, and from the looks of his prison, he's not completely free, Philia's spell was written to bind a god, escaping it is almost impossible." Uncle Rae asserted as Ari sighed and sat down, it was a lot but he understood.

"We know it's a lot, but it's why we're here dear Adrian, to guide you, your mate and your brothers, they are part of our family and so we are their ancestors aswell, and we'll be here, aslong as we're needed." Marie comforted as his granma hugged him. "Thanks, I needed that." He chuckled as everyone in the spacious room looked at him fondly. "There is something else you must know dear, it's about the sacred or eternal flames, and an incoming threat by the man who sired you." Rae mentioned and it piqued Adrian's interest.

"The sacred flames originate from an unknown source, but what we do know is that they are as ancient as time, and have been passed from generation to generation being wielded by noble hearts and not so noble hearts, you have the orange flame, protection, and a power unlike any other, but each flame is equally strong to another, how it's wielded and by whom makes it stronger, like your cousin River, he wields the white flame, —clarity, most of these flames have found worthy wielders as we watch over them and some haven't, anyway —Skyler Sovietro your uncle wields the green flame, the flame of life, he recently learnt and earned the right to truly use it and he used it to punish your sire." He explained and Adrian nodded, he knew all of this but it was better to listen.

"He cursed him with it, into the ever burn until his sins have been purged from his very soul, to stop the curse or rather break it Skyler by will can do it, but there are other ways to break the curse and Neil just found out, to either kill the wielder or steal their flame." He concluded and a very cold chill rolled down Ari's spine. "To steal a flame is a crime against creation itself, no one would dare." Ari whispered and the others nodded. "Your father would though, if he thought that's the way to break the curse, I swear that man causes more problems for himself each time he comes back to Greeneway Bay." His grandma hissed as Ari couldn't help agree with her.

"So I need to stop him, but how?" Ari asked as Kerri walked forward, she was actually younger than Adrian when she died but made an ancestor. "You need to find Skyler, have him break the curse, then cloak him so no one not even Enzo can find him unless he wants to be found." She advised and Ari nodded knowing this was the way, despite wanting to protest, they were the ancestors, they existed on a much higher pedestal than him and they watched over everyone of their blood, so their way was alright as long as his own nature didn't fight it. "I'll do it." Ari replied and Kerri nodded with a smile. "One last thing Adrian." His granma called out as she stood by the door and led him outside, in the distance he could see the statues again.