13.

Leyton Carval Mansion.

"Why can't I touch them, I can't even get close!" The head of the vampires hissed rather loudly when yet again he tried to touch the kids huddled up in the middle of his large office, he was frustrated, tired, and annoyed, the demons had brokered him a deal to rise above the patriarch but they needed fresh blood for their sacrificial spell, lucky for them, a couple of his men found three mystic kids at the local private preschool, snatched them up with magic before anyone could see.

"They are protected Leyton, and whoever this witch is, she or he is very powerful, I can't break this spell, it's a lot of things combined to create it." The witch he had tasked the job was only spouting reasons she couldn't get him what he wanted, he used his speed and pinned the woman to the wall, her feet dangling just above ground, the fear he wanted registered in her mud brown eyes. "Break the protection then, stop giving me excuses why you can't." He hissed again but this time he could feel a surge of energy beginning to gather around the children.

He tossed the woman aside, her brown locks covering her face. "I told you Leyton, the witch that performed this ritual is powerful, the more danger these children are, the more powerful it becomes, and it will be a beacon, drawing the witch of protection who cast it." Her words weren't lost on Leyton but he kept thinking who exactly was so powerful, this caliber of magic wasn't an easy feat, who would go out of their way to protect two twin witches and a fae child, the way the children huddled together themselves, they knew to stay strong even in danger, he wondered who would instill such devotion and trust.

"The witch of protection comes, and not even death can take what he protects." The woman on the floor was now rambling, there was truth in her words but he didn't want to believe it, how could he believe it, the witch of protection, it's ridiculous. As he thought of his next move Cooper and Zoey burst through the door. "Oh no dad, what did you do?" Cooper asked as pure unadulterated fear registered on his face, that's when the vampire head knew, there was something about these kids he should've known.

"Adrian is gonna be pissed." Zoey exclaimed and that's the revelation he didn't expect.

~~~~
Jax.

It was like a pinprick at the back of his neck, a warning that triggered so many alarms in his head, they were all in danger, he could feel it, he could sense it somehow, he had tried to contact Adrian through the think but there was nothing, he felt pain at his lower back, it wasn't his, it was Adrian's, he tried again to contact him but he got flashes of the kids, something just flickered in his vision and he saw them vanishing from the playground during recess, he had to make a choice, Adrian or the kids, and he chose the kids, Adrian could fight on his own.

He knew Johnny would find Adrian and help him, he knew his mate would know the kids were in danger, so his eighth tail appeared, in a flash he vanished, and appeared at the school playground, he had given everything on him to Johnny before so he could track without worrying, he tracked the kids easily as if they were giving out a signal that called out to him, a cry for help. What baffled him was where it led, he should have known they would do something like his.

"Sir you can't be here." The first vampires who guarded the mansion called out, they moved fast to restrain him but with his own speed he instantly broke their necks, he wanted his kids back and that's all that mattered, anyone in his way would die. "Stop him!" There was a yell and ten vampires now surrounded him, the first two lunged for him, he veered right and punched right through the man's ribcage pulling his heart out, one of his tails emerged and it went right through the second vampire's chest.