27.

Inner War.
Sovietro Home.

"You said you knew what you were doing, why hasn't he woken up yet?" Neill hissed at Skyler as he was busy healing Kyle who lay on a bed unconscious, it had been a month since the attack and Alora had woken up the next day after what happened but not Kyle, he convulsed, screamed in his death like sleep even tried to take his own life but never woke up it was now starting to worry all of them. "I said I could heal him, and I have, the venom is completely out of his system but for some reason he's not waking up, it's all on him." Sky hissed back as he stood to his feet but swayed.

No one caught him, not even Mikhail the one he expected to atleast have some compassion for him. "Then you're useless, look at the state of you, you're hollow." Neill stated as he looked at an apalled Skyler, how could he say that, he was the one struggling day and night to heal Kyle, to help Alora with her spells, to gather information, he'd done it all for them and today he was deemed useless. "I have done everything for you!" Skyler yelled back just as Neill moved so fast to pin him to the wall by his throat. "That's because you owe us everything, you're a stain to this family, to our name, you don't belong here, you don't deserve to be here, whatever you did and whatever entitlement you think it gave you, that was nothing." The larger wolf hissed as he choked the witch, his claws drawing blood.

Skyler looked to Mikhail for help but it never came. "Do you think he'll help you, how quaint." The wolf taunted as he let go and Skyler fell to the floor gasping for breath and his eyes burning with tears, he'd been broken by a war that wasn't his, he'd been used and abused by people he thought were family, this wasn't love, this was torture. "Father wants to see us, —all of us." Alora announced by the door to the room the three men were in. Skyler struggled to stand as his throat slowly healed.

"I had the loveliest conversation with Stephen tonight, he told me about what you have been doing to the Milfords, Neill will you ever listen to me or will you continue being a thorn in the side of a family that wants nothing to do with you, tell me why is Kyle still unconscious?" The patriarch demanded as his eyes glowed red showing he wasn't in the mood for nonsense. "Skyler father, he has had failure in healing him after he attacked Kyle and Alora in a mood." Neill replied as Skyler was stunned, how could he. "I didn't attack them." He protested. "Then how come you were the one who found them in the first place, you knocked out Alora so she couldn't remember and have kept Kyle under so he won't tell on you." Mikhail was the one who supported and shock went through Skyler once more.

"You know I didn't do anything, I was there to find Alora." He tried but Alora nailed his final say to the coffin that was his reckoning. "I remember everything father, he attacked us, blocked our magic, I don't know why." She added and Skyler was suddenly wrapped in a red aura, it pulled him toward the patriarch and on his knees right in front of him. "Tell me why I shouldn't kick you out of this very home, right this instant." He growled and all of Skyler's life flashed in his eyes.

They lied to him, this wasn't a family, this was hell and every waking moment he'd spent in this home had been nothing but torture, his magic was broken, he was broken and Mikhail gave him false hope, false love, he didn't care about him, he wanted to satisfy his urges that's all and Alora, she'd tried over and over to put a binding on him, and every time thanks to his broken magic it was repelled, she wasn't healing him, she wanted control and now that reckoning had come, they were sacrificing him, he was the scapegoat to their machinations.

But not anymore, he was done trying to be part of this family, he was done trying to be anything for them. "No I'd rather you cast me out." He replied his father whose eyes narrowed on him, he could tell his siblings were also surprised but he was tired, tired of trying, tired of wanting to be part of them but he wasn't, he'd never be, this family would take until he had nothing left. "Get out." The patriarch growled as Skyler waved his hands gently and all that belonged to him appeared in a case right next to him, he needed to find healing. As he took his first steps something else happened.