22.

Adrian.

Adrian was angry, furious even as he set that fireball on Kyle, the hybrid hadn't even anticipated the attack, only that Jax had warned him to raise a barrier strong enough to withstand Ari's obviously powerful attack.  Before Kyle was hit, Nik appeared in front of him and used a siren song to snuff out most of the power in the fireball then covered both himself and Kyle in a sound barrier. Adrian was still angry though as the house groaned due to his magic spiking again. "Ari whatever I did I'm sorry!" Kyle called out as the wood that made the staircase near him splinter and break, a branch being created and attacking Kyle whilst inside the barrier. "Boys enough!" Renee yelled and immediately Ari stood down as did Kyle who was using a blood circle to keep the wood from killing him. Adrian couldn't stand to be in front of Kyle anymore after what he'd foolishly done, he understood that Kyle at times didn't use his brain but that didn't mean he had to go around and make decisions without thinking about consequences.

He glared one last time toward Kyle and vanished, a burst of bright orange leaves bursting after he left. Adrian sighed, he'd gone to his favourite place in the city, Greenway park, it was always peaceful, well the side most of the humans and mystics avoided since it was overtaken by foliage, but Adrian had found out on the other side was actually a nice spot just to be alone. "Of course you came here." Jax mumbled as he appeared next to him, no surprise there, his mate would always follow him. "I didn't mean to lash out but Kyle makes it so hard sometimes." Ari groaned, Kyle was that irritating, yet you had to love his idiocy. "I know, but what I also know is that you wouldn't have normally reacted that badly to something Kyle did, it was a bad decision accepting the invite but I've never seen you that angry." Jax explained and Adrian knew he was right, something wasn't right with him, but how could he tell his mate that there was something deep down that was stirring to the surface, a darkness and also an aggressive protection over what he loved.

"I haven't even felt myself that angry, it was something new for me too, I just don't get why Kyle would accept the invite, he knows what they've done to us, he knows  what they're capable of, yet —I can't fault him, they are still his family, in as much as I want or we want to deny it, these are the people he grew up, people he can't easily let go of and we've been expecting him to." Ari exclaimed and a small smile rested on Jax's lips as he sat next to him. "What?" Adrian questioned and the kistune chuckled. "I just love how you're always loving, how you always understand, find solutions to all the problems we face, albeit there haven't been many, but I'm glad you're this beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside, it gives me bragging rights." Jax replied sincerely making Ari chuckle. "Sap." He accused as the two of them looked at the setting sun.

"I love you." Jax muttered. "Ditto." Adrian mumbled in response as both of them chuckled, oh to be loved. "You know we should." Jaxon stated.

"I know we should, —but I'd like to stay here for just a little longer, I haven't had you to myself in a while." Ari replied as Jaxon just scooted even closer and Adrian welcomed his warmth. He'd be a good dad, the thought of him ever not being one, would never cross his mind.

"I feel like we should get away for the weekend." Jax exclaimed and Adrian hummed in response. "Just you and me?" Ari questioned. "Yep, no annoying siblings, it'll be good for us." Jax concluded as Adrian nodded. "I can't wait."

Sovietro Manor.

"Kyle accepted your invitation." Alora stated as Neill walked into their father's office, the patriarch had left to go deal with an uprising between the vampires, had left Sanya his mate to take care of things, but since his mate their mother suddenly got a bit under the weather, she left her eldest son Neill to deal with anything that may come up, but he had his own plans. "Good, Kyle was raised here, he still craves the status and power it gave him to be part of the Sovietro family, I bet he'd be delighted to be back here." Neill replied Alora who looked at him unsure.