35.

The End Of An Age & The Beginning Of Another's Reign.

Milford Home.

The earth quaked and trembled, a wave of energy rippling through the air and causing everything to haywire, the barriers outside all twelve of them had reacted to this strange power, protecting those inside as best as they could. Adrian suddenly woke up when he felt the earth truly breaking outside and the car alarms creating an unwanted ruckus. "Hey babe, I'd hoped they wouldn't wake you." Jax whispered as he sat next to his mate on the bed. "What's going on, —why is the house using backup power?" Ari asked as he tried to sit up but swayed and Jax caught him.

"Easy there, I'll go get dad, just lay here, dad —pops, it's Ari!" Jax called out as he ran out of the room in only his sweatpants and soon enough the parental unit came rushing in despite Renee being pregnant himself, he seemed fine. "Hey sweetheart, oh goodness, you're burning up, what's wrong, —Jax go get a bowl of warm water and get Johnny down here." Nik immediately stated as Renee sat next to Ari on the bed. "It feels like I'm being split in two." Ari whispered as he heaved. "Ari what's wrong?" Johnny immediately demanded as he walked into the room. "Cover him with your will, if it's anything foreign it should keep it at bay, here love, let's get your temperature down." Nik exclaimed as he placed a midly cool towel on Adrian's head.

The earth shook again, creating more noise outside. "That wasn't me." Ari quickly informed. "Rae says your body is adjusting, you changed a significant part of the future so the ancestors are helping balance out the equation." Lizzie suddenly explained standing by the door, she had been living with them for what was close to two weeks now and found out that Lizzie was gifted much like Adrian, to see ghosts, spirits and whatever else inbetween, it's how she could speak to Rae, an ancestor of Adrian's family. "Can you tell them to hurry up then." Ari hissed as he laid his head back on the as another more dangerous tremor shook the barriers and inturn the house itself.

"What the hell was that?" Johnny questioned as he motioned for Lizzie to come closer to him. "Dad, it's happening again." Mark announced as he walked in with his brothers. "You feel it sweetie, where this time?" Renee quickly asked Mark. "In the forest, there is a man there, with tails, —like older brother Jax but he looks angry, grandpa is there too." Mark replied as he opened his eyes and everyone knew who he was talking about. Mark was also developing abilities, he could see and feel chaotic energy, the cause most of all  so vividly at times it was shocking. "Its him causing the tremors isn't he?" Lizzie asked. "Yeah, unfortunately, —it seems he's finally making his final attack, we need to help, but with Ari out of commission." Johnny exclaimed as they were all stunned to see the witch push himself up.

"I'm better now, —I feel a lot better." He explained as Nik still disagreed. "You need to rest, your temperature is dropping but it doesn't mean whatever the ancestors did is over." The banshee protested. "He's right sweet pea." Renee supported. "I know that, but if we leave Jose alone any longer, he'll come after more people, all I need to do is cut him off from the ancestral realm source and place the reversal spell on his host body to kill the connection he has to it once I'm done, you can bench me, I don't mind." The witch explained as everyone nodded, there was no choice, and there was no other option.

"Fine, —but the moment you put that spell on him Enzo is bringing you back home, or so help me Goddess I will come get you myself." Renee assured as he held on tightly to his son. "I promise dad." Ari muttered as he nodded and let go. "Alright, get ready—." Nik announced but stopped when Enzo ran over to the window and gasped. "Ari activate your shield!" Adrian didn't waste time and snapped his fingers encasing everyone and everything in a dark orange bubble that held against the wave of magical energy that came rolling in from wherever Jose was, it caused another black out and people aswell to fall unconscious, this was definitely Jose's doing.